DP
Posted By
Donna_Przecha
Oct 24, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
What have I done wrong? I took a photograph, selected the person using the brush and magic wand. Then I duplicated the background layer, loaded the selected, inverted and deleted the background. When I moved the person to another picture I had several spots where the second picture showed through somewhat. It was like a sheet of paper that was worn thin in spots.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

PD
Pete_D
Oct 25, 2003
Donna,

First check to see if "hardness" is set to 100%. It probably already is.

If it is you need to reset preferences. This same thing has happened to me twice in the past year.

In case you don’t know to reset preferences;
Close PSE
Double click the PSE icon to open again and Immediately hold down control, alt and shift keys. A window will open asking if you want to delete files, ….click Yes! That is the preference files and they will "rebuild" as the program loads.

That should solve the problem you describe. Unfortunately all the work you have done needs redone.

Pete

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections