BB
Posted By
Barbara_Brundage
Oct 24, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Almost forgot–Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian friends.

(Sorry it’s a little late.)

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
Ray
Oct 24, 2003
Thanks Barbara!
SC
s_cantrell
Oct 24, 2003
I hate to be a ‘kill joy’, but please put a descriptive subject on the postings. What kind of subject is "Eh!." ?????

I get 20-30 emails a day.
I delete a lot w/o opening. I don’t want to delete a good PSE tip. This forum is very good.

"Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian friends." also those South of our border in OLD Mexico.

Sherry…
way south, near the Rio Grande
GD
Grant_Dixon
Oct 24, 2003
Sherry…

I suspect that you being "way south, near the Rio Grande" would not get the meaning of "Eh!" as a subject line but believe me to us Canadians we instantly knew it was directed toward us. This just is another instant of the multicultural nature of this medium. Now if you ever come to Canada, and it is a beautiful place to make as a destination, use the expression "Eh" in casual conversation wherever you take a pause for a breath or need time to think and you will be talking 100% Canadian Eh!

g.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Oct 24, 2003
eh ? Yes, I totally forgot about Mom’s thanksgiving and sent a belated one as well. In my opinion the Canadian date for this time is more accurate than the American date we dedicated as here in the states. Thinking in terms of the growing season for pumpkins, squawsh etc…. that was shared during this festive time.
BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 24, 2003
Happy Thanksgiving, eh? Although by now the greeting is really late! And, you’re right, Jodi, all that fresh produce would have been in really bad shape by late November, especially that corn! 🙁

By the way, Sherry, the forum is designed for logons, so it’s hard to compensate for everyone who chooses to view it in a different format – be that e-mail or newsreader. When you guys decide to strike out into uncharted territory, well…

"Eh" is also very common in the upper Midwest, or whatever the part of the U S of A that Minnesotans describe themselves as living in. Joe would have gotten that, I’m sure, and my cousin in Minneapolis peppers his conversation with it all the time.
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Oct 24, 2003
As a newsgroup reader, I found the title compelling – couldn’t wait to check it!

I really couldn’t imagine getting all the posts from this forum as separate e-mails. Sherry, you might want to consider the daily digest, which is really quite handy.
RR
Raymond Robillard
Oct 24, 2003
Even I, being a french canadian native, was able to recognize this topic’s header!

Ray
LM
Lou_M
Oct 25, 2003
Beth (and Joe) : I got an e-mail today with a subject line of "Do you want to network with?"!

To those of you not from Minnesota (and I speak only as a transplant here), Minnesotans just drop the last word of a sentence that has "with" in it. As in, "Do you want to come with?" [me] or [us].

Happy belated Thanksgiving to the Canadians (or would that be Canadiens?). Do you want to celebrate with?
BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 25, 2003
I worked with a gal from Minnesota for so long that I even say that now. "Can I come with?" She never said "eh", though, but she was from a farm in the boonies, and maybe that’s more of a cosmopolitan expression up there, eh?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections