Posted By
Ellen_Hoverkamp
Oct 24, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Help!

I am trying to set up 9 laptops for a grade school graphics course and I can’t get my twain device (Epson Perfection 1650) recognized from inside the program. The only way I can scan now is manually outside P.E. into the "Image Capture" interface (72 dpi only), save it to a folder and open in P.E. I never had this problem on a P.C. Should I be specifying the Twain device somehow? HOW?!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 24, 2003
What operating system is installed on those iBooks and PowerBooks? Are the drivers for the 1650 a match for the OS? And, was the driver for the scanner installed before or after Elements? If after, you might have to reinstall Elements so it can "find" the scanner. I don’t understand enough about how these various pieces go together to explain why, but I do know I rebuilt my system about a year ago and installed Elements before my scanner drivers, and Elements couldn’t "find" it. Once I took Elements off and reinstalled with the scanner already in place, it went back to working the way it was supposed to.

And, just so you’ll know – Elements won’t scan anything, so you’ll still need scanning software. PSE merely provides a link to the scanning software and allows a scanned image to open automatically in Elements. You’ll still have to have a scanning app.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections