Posted By
Laki
May 17, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi experts,

I have worked on an action quite along time and I would like to use it for a batch. For a single image it works perfectly, but when I use ot in a batch in the end I get the message: "could not save … because ther eis not enough memeory (RAM)". That cannot be true. I have 512 RAM and nothing else working or open. I tried to use the batch for TWO images and it still didnt work. Whats happening?
Can anybody help?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CK
Christine_Krof_Shock
May 17, 2005
512 is not a lot of RAM depending on what your action is doing…
DR
Danny Raphael
May 17, 2005
Have you tried the same action (via batch) on a very, very small test files?

If it works in batch on really small files, but not on larger ones, that’s pretty conclusive.
L
Laki
May 17, 2005
Ok, my Action is pretty long. Im gonna cut it three parts and will see what happens. I believe thats it.

thx
DR
Danny Raphael
May 17, 2005
I was surfing the Google Groups… Looks like another possibility is Photoshop might not have enough space on it Scratch disk(s). Be sure there is plenty of free space.
L
Laki
May 18, 2005
It worked!!!! I increased the prefernce to the maximum and cut it in three parts. Well the biggest problem is solved. THANK YOU

Just two thing that are annoying me:
1. In the second part I am asked to save the images in the end and always have to change the format to JPG, the default setting is on TIF. How can skip this step. In the third part i dont have do to anything.
2. Flatten means something like putting all the layers to one, right? This command is unchecked and there is no merging-layers-command, but in the end the layers ar gone. I prefer to keep them. What is missing?

thx
C
chrisjbirchall
May 18, 2005
Setting Photoshop’s memory allocation to more than 75% can cause problems.

And as Dana said – make sure you’ve plenty of free scratch space.

Jpegs cannot be saved with layers.

Chris.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections