JC
Posted By
Jane_Carter
Oct 22, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Since I have been using PSE, I have had a lot of great fun making some great pictures. Then I noticed that Shutterfly, which I think is an Adobe company, or at least closely connected to them, has a custom calendar building thing.
So I took the best of my PSE pictures and uploaded them to Shutterfly, and put together some calendars.
They will make nice presents for the family. And the best part of the deal, I didn’t have to go out shopping into crowded stores and buy stuff nobody wants.
Hope this helps somebody for this season.
Jane

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 22, 2003
Have you seen the finished calendars yet, Jane? I ordered a couple last year, and I was really disappointed with the way the picture part turned out. They did color photocopies on non-glossy paper, and all of the "character" was gone from the images. What are yours like? I’d like to try again, because they were fun to do, but I sure wouldn’t order from the same company I did last time!
JC
Jane_Carter
Oct 22, 2003
Hi Beth, I haven’t seen them yet, as I just ordered them today. I did go with a local printing company 3 years ago and they did the same, very lousy copies on flat paper. Off center too, they were baaaad.
But I have had many photos printed on glossy photo paper from Shutterfly that have been very good, but Club Photo does the best. They do tell you before you select them for printing, if they are not hi rez enough or odd shaped enough that they won’t look good. Mystic Color Lab does the worst by far, but they are just starting this business of on-line stuff. They should improve soon.
The reason I do this, is that my inkjet inks and paper looks so good at the beginning, but give them a while and they really fade. So this seems to be the easiest and the cheapest for the time being for me.
I give the pictures throughout the family, so the inkjet stuff won’t really work for me. I will let you know what they look like when they arrive, Jane
BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 22, 2003
I should probably check the Costco/Kodak site and see if they do calendars. I just got a batch of prints back from them a couple of days ago, and I was really pleased. I’d been wondering if there would be much color shift between the prints they did and what I see on the monitor, but they were identical. For 24 cents a print, I was really happy!
JC
Jane_Carter
Oct 22, 2003
They probably do, as every photo company is getting into this. Calendars do make nice Christmas presents, I just hope that most of our other shopping can be on-line, as I really am not a ‘shopper’, not my favourite thing to do. Anything to save time in crowded stores is OK by me! However my husband and I do love the toy stores, especially when there are trains to look at.
Jane
W
Woolie
Oct 23, 2003
Why not make your own calendars? I have been making one for my mother-in-law for several years now and she is just crazy about them. I use Calendar Creator to make and print the calendar part, and then put the pictures together as a collage or singles or whatever you want to do. You can buy calendar kits from many office/computer stores for around $15. They are nice kits. I just found some this year at Big Lots (they are the Invent brand) for $5 each. If you enjoy spending the time to put it all together, you may want to do it yourself instead of leaving the quality up to someone else.
Karen

wrote in message
They probably do, as every photo company is getting into this. Calendars do make nice Christmas presents, I just hope that most of our
other shopping can be on-line, as I really am not a ‘shopper’, not my favourite thing to do. Anything to save time in crowded stores is OK by me! However my husband and I do love the toy stores, especially when there are trains to look at.
Jane

Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.528 / Virus Database: 324 – Release Date: 10/16/2003

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections