WA
Posted By
Wendy_Arbeit
Oct 22, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I create drawings in Freehand that I save as an EPS. These would open properly in Elements I, but with Elements II (which I just purchased) the file appears to rasterize, but the resulting window is totally blank. For comparison sake I opened one of my old EPS files that worked fine in Elements I, same thing, no drawing in the new window. The files show up properly in the new Elements File Browse window.

What’s my problem?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

NS
Nancy_S
Oct 22, 2003
Wendy,

I can’t answer your questions, but you might find this post a worthwhile read…Post #3 on this page

YrbkMgr "EPS files – unable to open because the parser module cannot parse???" 9/10/03 1:14pm </cgi-bin/webx?13/0>
WA
Wendy_Arbeit
Oct 22, 2003
I read the post you suggested. It does not seem to apply to my problem. I received no error message. It suggests using Open As, which I do not see as an option in Elements. I did try Open With in Finder, but it resulted in the same file with no illustration. The article speaks of there being different kinds of EPSs, but the Freehand EPS files worked fine with Elements I, but not II, which tells me that the problem lies with II and not with the EPS.
Adobe, what’s going on? Do I have to go back to Elements I?
NS
Nancy_S
Oct 22, 2003
Wendy,

Did you try one of the suggested workarounds, putting the file into a blank new document…or any of the others? On my Version 1, ‘Open As’ is listed under the File menu. I’m sorry you haven’t found a solution yet, hopefully someone else will chime in here with the magic cure.

Nancy
WA
Wendy_Arbeit
Oct 22, 2003
I tried reinstalling and all the workarounds except copying the file into a blank new doc. I just tried that one and it worked! It’s a bit awkward, but at least I’m back in business. Thanks, Nancy.

I called Adobe Tech Support but they had no explanation for why I couldn’t do in Elements II what I did in I, so they’re having me send the files to them to see what they get.

I’ll report back when I get an answer.
NS
Nancy_S
Oct 23, 2003
Wendy,

Ah, good! Cumbersome perhaps, but at least you can get where you want to be! Your persistence paid off.

Nancy
WA
Wendy_Arbeit
Oct 24, 2003
The techs at Adobe could open the files. I found I could open the files when I ran E II off of the CD.

It was finally decided that I have some version of what used to be called an extension conflict.

When I tried again to copy and paste files, sometimes it worked and sometimes not — and on the same files.

I have reinstalled Elements I and uninstalled II.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections