DG
Posted By
David_Grandy
May 16, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Ever since I got PS CS2 I’ve been finding a bug. I send something from Bridge to Camera RAW (all I shoot is RAW) to Photoshop. I work on it in Photoshop and try to Save As the work as a .psd file. At this point PS interrupts with a message that says something like, "You cannot Save this file. The file is already open." Then if I go back to Bridge and look through the folder I will find a temp file. If I delete that temp file I can go back into PS and Save As my image file like I wanted too. The temp file name has nothing to do with the original Canon 20D RAW file name, nor the name I want to give it later. I din’t make it nor understand where it came from. One of those temp files, currently living in my recycle Bin is named ~PSE728.tmp

As I said I’m using a Canon 20D and use Photoshop Elements 3.0 to download the file from my card reader to the computer. The computer is a conventional Windows type with an AMD 1700 processor and a gig of memory. The C:\ hard drive is 80 gig and is about half full. I have a collection of the usual suspects with software. WORD, Firefox, and this and that. I have been using Photoshop CS for the last 18 months without any of this kind of problem.

Comments?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DG
Dana_Gartenlaub
May 17, 2005
That’s why I have to look at another file in the Bridge when I get that message. Then I can save my file.

Now, I’ll just kill the temp file and be done with it. Less of a fuss.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections