H
Posted By
Ho
May 16, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Somebody check me on this. I tried the Reduce Noise Filter, clicked on Advanced, went to the per channel tab and found that I had no per channel preview. Kind of useless without one…

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

H
Ho
May 16, 2005
UPDATE: Ok, here’s whaz happenin’: It seems the preview pane in Reduce Noise>Advanced>Per Channel establishes its "home" position in the upper left corner of the image without regard to where the main preview is focused and without regard to any selection made before invoking the filter. In fact, panning around in the main preview has no effect at all on the per channel preview, but thankfully zooming *way* out does. This is how I managed to find my subject. Since my background was black and the subject was centered, it made it appear (initially) that no preview was being rendered.

I think this one could use a tweak. The per channel preview should match the main preview.
S
SpaceGirl
May 16, 2005
Ho wrote:
UPDATE: Ok, here’s whaz happenin’: It seems the preview pane in Reduce Noise>Advanced>Per Channel establishes its "home" position in the upper left corner of the image without regard to where the main preview is focused and without regard to any selection made before invoking the filter. In fact, panning around in the main preview has no effect at all on the per channel preview, but thankfully zooming *way* out does. This is how I managed to find my subject. Since my background was black and the subject was centered, it made it appear (initially) that no preview was being rendered.

I think this one could use a tweak. The per channel preview should match the main preview.

Given you dont say which version of PhotoShop you are using, or which platform, this is meaningless 🙂
TR
The_Rock
May 16, 2005
Spacegirl .. i believe that this noise reduction feature is new to photoshop CS2

VC

"SpaceGirl" wrote in message
Ho wrote:
UPDATE: Ok, here’s whaz happenin’: It seems the preview pane in Reduce
Noise>Advanced>Per Channel establishes its "home" position in the upper left corner of the image without regard to where the main preview is focused and without regard to any selection made before invoking the filter. In fact, panning around in the main preview has no effect at all on the per channel preview, but thankfully zooming *way* out does. This is how I managed to find my subject. Since my background was black and the subject was centered, it made it appear (initially) that no preview was being rendered.
I think this one could use a tweak. The per channel preview should match
the main preview.
Given you dont say which version of PhotoShop you are using, or which platform, this is meaningless 🙂
S
SpaceGirl
May 16, 2005
The_Rock wrote:
Spacegirl .. i believe that this noise reduction feature is new to photoshop CS2

Yes I know, but this being usenet, it helps to tell people. Still no mention of the OS…
H
Ho
May 16, 2005
<Bump>
DM
dave_milbut
May 16, 2005
agreed. i’d drop this in the feature request area howard, in case they’re checking in there if/when they do an update. so it doesn’t get lost in here, you know?

good catch, imo.

dave
IL
Ian_Lyons
May 16, 2005

It looks like it’s possibly a bug on the PC platform. With the exact same image on each platform I’m finding that the Mac behavior is as I would expect, i.e the per channel preview is centered on the selected area of the image, but on the PC the per channel preview drifts to the top left corner of image without any regard to the area selected.
H
Ho
May 17, 2005
Ian,

Would you notify the authorities?

Thanks.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections