GS
Posted By
george_s_forman
Oct 19, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hello everyone. I just came across this forum, and after having used PSE 2 for about a year or so now (PSE 1 before that) am thrilled to have found this forum. I am looking forward to contributing what I can to this already excellent forum. although I am no expert in digital phototography maybe my "trial & error" process for creating good pics will help someone avoid my mistakes, thus saving them time, energy & frustration. as I have said I am no expert so I will be asking for advice MUCH more then giving it. lately I have been taking part of an image (magnetic lasso tool, move tool) and putting it into a new pic with a different background. so far I am pleased with my results, but I am really not sure if there is a better or easier way to do this. that said, I am very pleased to now be a part of this forum and I look forward to hearing from everyone.

George S. Forman

Minolta S304
power Mac G4 DP866
OS X 10.2.6
Epson 890 with MIS CIS ink system

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JF
Jodi_Frye
Oct 19, 2003
welcome George ! Sounds like you are off to a mighty good start. I rarely use the magnetic lasso tool because i find it a little wacky but it works well with high contrast images. I use PE1 so my main tool of choice for doing what you are playing with now is the basic lasso tool. Sometimes I place a 1 pixel feather on it to give it a smoother edge…depending on the image…like with furry animals. Yes, do drop in more often now that you’ve found us. 😉
GD
Grant_Dixon
Oct 19, 2003
George

While I am not the official welcome committee I would love to extend my arm and welcome you to the forum. This is a great place to learn and make friends.

g.
R
Ray
Oct 19, 2003
Welcome George!

Wow.. two new members in a row.. we must be doing something right 😉

Ray
MR
Mark_Reibman
Oct 19, 2003
Hi George

Welcome to our great forum.

I also have the Epson 890 (and a Mac). What is this CIS ink system you mention?
J
jhjl1
Oct 19, 2003
Hi George and welcome from another newbie.

Have A Nice Day,
jwh 🙂
My Pictures
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview

wrote in message
hello everyone. I just came across this forum, and after having
used PSE 2 for about a year or so now (PSE 1 before that) am thrilled to have found this forum. I am looking forward to contributing what I can to this already excellent forum. although I am no expert in digital phototography maybe my "trial & error" process for creating good pics will help someone avoid my mistakes, thus saving them time, energy & frustration. as I have said I am no expert so I will be asking for advice MUCH more then giving it. lately I have been taking part of an image (magnetic lasso tool, move tool) and putting it into a new pic with a different background. so far I am pleased with my results, but I am really not sure if there is a better or easier way to do this. that said, I am very pleased to now be a part of this forum and I look forward to hearing from everyone.
George S. Forman

Minolta S304
power Mac G4 DP866
OS X 10.2.6
Epson 890 with MIS CIS ink system
N
nytrashman7618
Oct 19, 2003
Mark,
a CIS ink system is a continuous ink system. Instead of using Epson ink carts I have 6 – 4oz bottles of ink connected to my printer. The ink that is used is the equvilent of genuine Epson ink and produces excellent prints. As I am sure you know after printing several 8 x 10 pictures the ink in your Epson carts is already running low. The cost of this system (if I remember correctly) was $179.00 including the reset chip, which is needed so your ink carts always show full. The cost to replace all 6 – 4oz bottles of ink is just $48.00. Installation takes approx. 15 min. If your interested take a look at www.inksupply.com If you do alot of printing, as I do, this is the only way to go.
F
franjo
Oct 19, 2003
Hi both newcomers!

Just to let you know they’re a great bunch on here, I’ve not long joined (tend to sit on the sidelines!) and the advice/help and expertise is great. Hope you enjoy the forum as much as I am.

regards
fran
ML
Marty_Landolt
Oct 21, 2003
GEORGE, Hello and glad you found us. Have fun while you learn seems to be a motto here. Marty

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections