MD
Posted By
Matthew_Del_Buono
Oct 18, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just got Adobe Photoshop Elements because I heard it was a great program and I needed some kind of photo editing software for the pictures I take from my scanner. Anyways, I go through installation, use the advanced setup (because that’s the kind of guy I am), and then answer all the questions. Finally, it starts to install itself. The primary installation part goes through ok. Then it says "Installing language-dependent files…." Once it hits 100%, it goes back to 0% and continues to install! I left it on all night and it’s still doing the same thing, going to 100% and then going back to 0%.

I’m using a Dell Dimension 8250 with Windows XP (4 users, all administrators, + guest) and 512MB of PC1066 RAM. I tried installing it on the primary photoshop user’s name when this happened (4th name on list).

Thanks for any help. While I’m waiting for a reply I guess I’ll try installing on the primary computer user’s name, and while I’m at it, everyone else’s name.

Thanks again
— Matt Del Buono

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MD
Matthew_Del_Buono
Oct 18, 2003
…. Never mind, I got it to work — I changed user names to a different one (still not the primary computer user) and I changed the cd drive (I have 2). It works on all user names so I’m happy now 🙂

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections