FF
Posted By
Frank_Feder
May 15, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
If you close Help Center from the task bar while it is minimized, it will not be visible the next time you open it.

To re-create the problem:

1. Open Help Center from any application or Start Menu.

2. Minimize Help center by clicking Help Center button on task bar, or clicking minimize button on Help Center window.

3. Close Help Center by right clicking button on task bar, and choosing ‘Close’.

4. Open Help Center from any application or Start Menu.

5. Help Center button will appear in task bar, but will not show on screen.

To Restore the Help Center:

1. Right click the Help Center button on the task bar.

2. Click ‘Maximize’ on the pop-up menu.

3. Close the Help Center while it is still maximized.

4. Open Help Center from any application or start menu. It will now be full screen, but re-sizable by dragging the handle at the lower right of the Help Center window. Adjust size to taste.

or, an easier way….

1. With the Help Center open and in its ‘invisible’ state, right click on the Help Center button on the task bar.

2. Click ‘Move’ on the pop-up menu.

3. A 4 headed arrow thingie will appear in the upper left corner of the screen. Drag it down to a convenient location without clicking any mouse buttons.

4. Press any arrow key. The four headed arrow thingie will turn into a regular arrow pointer.

5. Drag the mouse pointer and presto! The Help Center will miraculously appear!

Why this happens, I haven’t a clue. I’m using WinXP SP2 on a 3GHz P4 with 2GB ram.

Frank

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JJ
John Joslin
May 15, 2005
I have exactly the same phenomenon.

Not earth-shaking but a minor irritant.

Just like a lot of "improvements" in CS2.

🙁

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections