KQ
Posted By
Karsten_Qvist
May 15, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After installing cs2 on my win xp system (512 ram) the main application, cs2 seems to be working. But I have two problems:

1. I get the error message "The Adobe Updater could not be started. Please reinstall the application and components" both when starting cs2, and when choosing the update item from the help menu. I suspect that this error will cause problems with retrieving updates in the future, so I would like it solved.

2. The second problem is pretty urgent as it prevents me from using the Adobe Bridge/File browser. When trying to lauch Adobe Bridge, either from the start menu, or from within cs2, the brige at first seems to be starting up ok, but as soon as it finishes loading, it return the error message "Adobe bridge cannot be used at this time because of licensing restrictions. You must have installed and launched at least one other Adobe application to use Adobe Bride". This message is confusing, and apparently misleadings as it occurs after a full install of cs2, registation, on-line verification, and opening of cs2.

I should ad that these problems ALSO occur after a carefull deinsatllation of cs2, manual removal of files and directories not removed by the deinstal, emptying of the recycling bin, and follwing reboot and reinstalaltion.

Any suggestions that can get me up and running?

Karsten

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CC
Chris_Cox
May 18, 2005
Karsten – see the Bridge forum.

It sounds like you’re seeing some of the Bridge installer problems (which also affects the updater).

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections