ML
Posted By
Marty_Landolt
Oct 16, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
With the wonderful and patient help of Barbara Wayne (imacgirl) I have a few (5) pictures on pbase. I just grabbed a few haphazardly so don’t expect much. I even got up nerve to enter another picture in Nikon’s Editor’s choice.
<http://www.pbase.com/Martyland>
PS: I haven’t figured out how to delete the one of the youngsters. That picture was made of 5 separate pictures.
I’ll show you the Nikon contest picture after I win (he he ha ha).

Marty

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

LG
Lorace_Graham
Oct 16, 2003
Marty,

What fabulous pictures. The birdbath one has just the right amount of mistiness (for lack of better word) to create a peaceful feeling in the observer. It’s beautiful.

And the ones of the children sitting on the edge of the picture. Breathtaking, really. What a lovely visual they make.

The locust? ha, it’s great. I remember those shells from New Jersey!

Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed.

Lorace
MM
Mac_McDougald
Oct 16, 2003
That’s a cicada shell, to be more precise.

Mac
ML
Marty_Landolt
Oct 16, 2003
LORACE,
Goodness, you are fast getting to my pictures. For quick picks, you’ve made me feel sooooo good. Lorace, where did you live in NJ? I lived 10 years in Trenton. Marty
ML
Marty_Landolt
Oct 16, 2003
MAC,
Oh yes, now I remember "cicada". I’ll use that next time…sounds more impressive (ha ha).
Marty
LG
Lorace_Graham
Oct 16, 2003
Marty,

You were north of me. I lived in a small town, Moorestown. Not Morristown, but Moorestown, near Mt Holly.

Boy, I miss Jersey and the greenery. I remember Trenton, though. My Dad picked up a hitchhiking sailor once, and we dropped him off at Trenton. He was so excited and took a deep breath, "It even smells better!" he said. LOL – the oil refineries, I guess. Dad and I got a kick out of that.

I meant to tell you that you deserve to brag about those pics.

Lorace
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Oct 16, 2003
Lorace, I grew up in the Philadelphia area, so the Jersey shore was my favorite getaway spot. Ever go to Ocean City?

Chuck
ML
Marty_Landolt
Oct 16, 2003
LORACE AND CHUCK,
Thanks, Lorace, for the nice remark. Yes, I knew of Moorstown since it was similar to Moorsville, the former name of Floyds Knobs IN.
Isn’t Ocean City the one where you must WALK? I know we went to all the towns up and down the coast. That was when Atlantic city was dead.
Marty
PS: And where I learned to love Lobster.
LG
Lorace_Graham
Oct 16, 2003
Chuck,

Like old home week, huh? Yes, I’ve been to Ocean City and loved it. I went more often to a friend’s place in Ship Bottom, and, of course, Atlantic City, too.

Philadelphia was part of my stamping grounds when I was young, so I really enjoyed the movie Rocky! As, I’m sure, you did, too.

Ah, memories. They’re great.

Lorace
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Oct 16, 2003
Marty, you may be thinking of Ocean Grove, where they used to not allow you to drive on Sunday. That’s up the coast around Exit 98 on the Garden State Parkway.
R
Ray
Oct 16, 2003
Wow!! Nice bug.. 😉

Ray
I
imacgirl
Oct 16, 2003
Hi Marty,

I was happy to help you! If you want to get rid of one of the duplicate youngster images do the following:

1) click on the gallery thumbnail

2) go to "edit this gallery" at the top of your gallery page

3) scroll down to "Make Changes to the Images within this Gallery"

4) go to the "Select" column and check the box next to the image you want removed

5) scroll down to "Remove or Delete Items from this Gallery" and click on the "Remove Selected Items" button. There is a Warning for good reason, make sure you have selected the one or ones you want removed.

It gets easier with use…I know, I was sorta lost in the beginning. A bunch of instruction to sort out. If you need any more help let me know.

Barb
CR
Chris_Rankin
Oct 17, 2003
Marty,
Nice pics. Pbase is a snap once you get the hang of it. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

CR
ML
Marty_Landolt
Oct 17, 2003
CHRIS, Thanks, and I hope I can find a few more THEN…I might want to dress up my galleries a bit. Marty
JF
Jodi_Frye
Oct 17, 2003
Marty, I’ve said it before and i’ll say it again. Your style portrays a sense of innocence that is untouchable. I feel honored to know you 🙂
ML
Marty_Landolt
Oct 18, 2003
JODI,
I had to go to Wal Mart and buy a new hat….mine is too small now! Thanks … rest rest rest and get yourself well.
Marty

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections