MM
Posted By
Merrill_Mack
Oct 16, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Am considering entering a photo in a showcase, theme, windows. I have posted two photos of the Plaza Hotel, NYC and would like your feedback as to which is the more successful photo. In addition, I would like to emphasize the darkness in the sky in Plaza One and punch up the sky to make it more brilliant in Plaza Two. I don’t know how to do any of those manipulations. Advice would be appreciated.

In the same gallery, I have posted two manipulated pictures of a piece of rope over a piece of wood. Again, your opinion as to which is more succesful would be appreciated.

Thank you.

<http://www.pbase.com/merrillmack/merrills_gallery>

Merrill Mack

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

LK
Leen_Koper
Oct 16, 2003
If the theme is "windows" I wouldnot submit these images this way. First try to correct for distortion due to tilting the camera, second, crop it in a way you can leave anything else than the windows out of the picture.

My 2 cents.

Leen
JC
Jane_Carter
Oct 16, 2003
I think it is an excellent picture, it makes you realize that it is a huge building by looking up at the skewed angle. The angle accentuates it. I like it very much.
Thanks,
Jane
MR
Mark_Reibman
Oct 16, 2003
Do you know how to do a selection of the skies to isolate it from the rest of the photo? I used magnetic lasso on it. If you do that than you can darken the skies by applying levels to just the sky or use the blend mode ‘multiply’ and adjust the opacity to suit your taste.

I would tend to agree with Leen. That was my first thought when I saw the photo. Correct the distortion.

The image could also use some unsharp mask on it.

But then, we’re giving you more advice than you asked for.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections