Posted By
borge
Aug 10, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
On Sat, 09 Aug 2003 19:01:06 GMT, "Kenny Frank" wrote:

I just purchased the Wacom Intuos2 4×5 USB tablet. Each time I try to run the Wacom program to setup the tablet I get a message telling me that the Wacom driver is not found. Help!!!

Thanks,

-Kenny
How can we help if we have no information like this

For your information, my stats are:
Win 2000, Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz
1 Gb memory,ADSL
80+40 GB of disc space,Oly C2100 & Optio S
Borge Pedersen 🙂
Perth, Australia
mailto:
remove SPAM for email

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

KF
Kenny Frank
Aug 10, 2003
Good point, sorry about leaving that off.

For what it is worth, I did fix the problem by deleting the wacom.dat file and then restarting my system. After that everything worked as it should.

Regards,

-Kenny

"borge" wrote in message

I just purchased the Wacom Intuos2 4×5 USB tablet. Each time I try to
run
the Wacom program to setup the tablet I get a message telling me that the Wacom driver is not found. Help!!!

Thanks,

-Kenny

1 Gb memory,ADSL
Borge Pedersen 🙂
Perth, Australia
mailto:
remove SPAM for email
B
borge
Aug 10, 2003
Fine and better still for letting us know. Lots of people do not enlighten us of the final outcome.

Borge in Perth

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 04:37:45 GMT, "Kenny Frank" wrote:

Good point, sorry about leaving that off.

For what it is worth, I did fix the problem by deleting the wacom.dat file and then restarting my system. After that everything worked as it should.
Regards,

-Kenny

"borge" wrote in message

I just purchased the Wacom Intuos2 4×5 USB tablet. Each time I try to
run
the Wacom program to setup the tablet I get a message telling me that the Wacom driver is not found. Help!!!

Thanks,

-Kenny

1 Gb memory,ADSL
Borge Pedersen 🙂
Perth, Australia
mailto:
remove SPAM for email
M
mb1818
Nov 17, 2004
I am looking to get a Wacom tablet, I plan to use it in alot of different programs not just photoshop for example, maya, commotion … I know the Graphire 3 and Intuos 3 pens are both pressure sensitive but on this page lists a whole list of special pen features … are these extra pen features only found in the Intuos 3 or are they also found in the Graphire

http://www.wacom.com/productinfo/tes.cfm

Secondly, I have seen some descent reviews of the Aiptek tablets, do these offer anything beyond pen pressure

Thanks
R
Rizla99
Nov 18, 2004
You can compare the features here =
http://www.wacom.com/productinfo/differences.cfm
I have had the Graphire 2 for a couple of years now (brilliant piece of kit) I especially like the fact that the mouse is cordless & does not need any batteries. 🙂
I was looking at the Intuos 3 a few days ago, and debating whether to get it, (nice) but just can’t justify paying out for it at present, as my G2 does everything I ask of it. If I had some spare cash knocking about, then I would not hesitate to buy one, but the wife seems to grab any spare cash that we get. 🙂
Sorry I can’t be more helpful, but whichever tablet you go for, I’m sure you will be very happy, as I was (and still am).
ATB
Mick

"MB" wrote in message
I am looking to get a Wacom tablet, I plan to use it in alot of different programs not just photoshop for example, maya, commotion … I know the Graphire 3 and Intuos 3 pens are both pressure sensitive but on this page lists a whole list of special pen features … are these extra pen
features
only found in the Intuos 3 or are they also found in the Graphire
http://www.wacom.com/productinfo/tes.cfm

Secondly, I have seen some descent reviews of the Aiptek tablets, do these offer anything beyond pen pressure

Thanks
G
goodidea1950SPAM-SPAM
Nov 20, 2004
"MB" wrote in message
:I am looking to get a Wacom tablet, I plan to use it in alot of different : programs not just photoshop for example, maya, commotion … I know the : Graphire 3 and Intuos 3 pens are both pressure sensitive but on this page : lists a whole list of special pen features … are these extra pen features
: only found in the Intuos 3 or are they also found in the Graphire :
: http://www.wacom.com/productinfo/tes.cfm
:
: Secondly, I have seen some descent reviews of the Aiptek tablets, do these : offer anything beyond pen pressure
:
:
:
: Thanks

I bought the Graphire 2 a few years, upgraded to G3 and am happy with it compared to a mouse. No comparison. Then I bought the Intuos 2 and the increased sensitivity for my use is great. I wouldn’t take it back. If you want to buy my Graphire 2, I would sell it to you for $35 plus actual shipping costs, although I don’t know how to do that in a way were you would be assured of not being cheated.
C
coz
Dec 17, 2004
Hello,
I have just recently bought an intuos3 9×12 tablet. I had a graphire2 for several years. still have and use it on my mac and BeOs machines. The intuos3 has double the resolution, sensitivity as the graphires. Other than that and that the pen has a lifetime warranty on it, they pretty much do the same thing, HOWEVER, Corel Painter 9 DOES NOT support the graphire2 tablets or the intuos 2 tablets. They work but not nearly as well as with an intuos3 tablet. The Intuos3 also comes with stylus tips, one of these tips is split with a spring in the center for extra sensitivity. I haven’t used it yet. If you are not going to use Corel Painter9 then the graphires are just fine. I think they work as well in Phtoshop CS also. I didn’t have a problem with my Graphire2 in Photoshop CS, so any tablet more advanced should work fine. THERE IS NO TABLET BETTER THAN A WACOM,, PERIOD. Regardless of reviews.

coz

"formerly known as ‘cat arranger’" wrote
in message
"MB" wrote in message
:I am looking to get a Wacom tablet, I plan to use it in alot of different : programs not just photoshop for example, maya, commotion … I know the : Graphire 3 and Intuos 3 pens are both pressure sensitive but on this page
: lists a whole list of special pen features … are these extra pen features
: only found in the Intuos 3 or are they also found in the Graphire :
: http://www.wacom.com/productinfo/tes.cfm
:
: Secondly, I have seen some descent reviews of the Aiptek tablets, do these
: offer anything beyond pen pressure
:
:
:
: Thanks

I bought the Graphire 2 a few years, upgraded to G3 and am happy with it compared to a mouse. No comparison. Then I bought the Intuos 2 and the increased sensitivity for my use is great. I wouldn’t take it back. If you want to buy my Graphire 2, I would sell it to you for $35 plus actual shipping costs, although I don’t know how to do that in a way were you would be assured of not being cheated.

G
goodidea1950SPAM-SPAM
Dec 20, 2004
I did not get the extra tips? Did I throw them away or maybe I bought a cheaper version? Mine is a 5×7, I think. Please post what the special pen feels like. I have used the Graphire, two versions and liked them a lot but the Intuos is way better. It is very close to feeling like a real pen, sometimes better. : -)

"coz" wrote in message
: Hello,
: I have just recently bought an intuos3 9×12 tablet. I had a graphire2 for : several years. still have and use it on my mac and BeOs machines. The : intuos3 has double the resolution, sensitivity as the graphires. Other than
: that and that the pen has a lifetime warranty on it, they pretty much do the
: same thing, HOWEVER, Corel Painter 9 DOES NOT support the graphire2 tablets
: or the intuos 2 tablets. They work but not nearly as well as with an intuos3
: tablet. The Intuos3 also comes with stylus tips, one of these tips is split
: with a spring in the center for extra sensitivity. I haven’t used it yet. : If you are not going to use Corel Painter9 then the graphires are just : fine. I think they work as well in Phtoshop CS also. I didn’t have a problem
: with my Graphire2 in Photoshop CS, so any tablet more advanced should work : fine. THERE IS NO TABLET BETTER THAN A WACOM,, PERIOD. Regardless of : reviews.
:
: coz
:
:
:
: "formerly known as ‘cat arranger’"
wrote
: in message : >
: > "MB" wrote in message
: > : > :I am looking to get a Wacom tablet, I plan to use it in alot of different
: > : programs not just photoshop for example, maya, commotion … I know the
: > : Graphire 3 and Intuos 3 pens are both pressure sensitive but on this : > page
: > : lists a whole list of special pen features … are these extra pen : > features
: > : only found in the Intuos 3 or are they also found in the Graphire : > :
: > : http://www.wacom.com/productinfo/tes.cfm
: > :
: > : Secondly, I have seen some descent reviews of the Aiptek tablets, do : > these
: > : offer anything beyond pen pressure
: > : Thanks
: >
: > I bought the Graphire 2 a few years, upgraded to G3 and am : > happy with it compared to a mouse. No comparison. Then I : > bought the Intuos 2 and the increased sensitivity for my use is : > great. I wouldn’t take it back. If you want to buy my Graphire : > 2, I would sell it to you for $35 plus actual shipping costs, : > although I don’t know how to do that in a way were you would : > be assured of not being cheated.
:
:

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections