JC
Posted By
Jane_Carter
Oct 15, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Having just come back from NH and Maine and seen all the beautiful fall color, I was astonished to see what we have in our own little neighborhood here on Cape Cod(MA).
I took this yesterday at the corner of our road at the school bus stop. I was trying to photo a great blue heron, and got the foliage instead.
<http://www.pbase.com/image/22335439/original>
Jane

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JF
Jodi_Frye
Oct 15, 2003
That’s a keeper ! Is the heron still in the picture ? I kind of see something that looks like one in the weeds. Headed out to Utica last friday and on the side of the road in swampy water was a whole mess of birds….herons, ducks, geese etc…it was heavy traffic and my hub was not stopping ( I had my camera ;( ) ….sometimes we really aren’t on the same boat or….same ocean even 😉
JC
Jane_Carter
Oct 15, 2003
Here is the heron, not a great picture, as it was way zoomed in. <http://www.pbase.com/image/22337349>
Then as I tried to get closer to him, I was crashing thru the swamp and the underbrush, and he took off.
But it was fun to try.
Glad I took the pictures yesterday, as we have had a storm today, some of the leaves were stripped off the trees. The salt spray from the ocean is all over everything, leaves all over the streets, some trees + branches down, nothing bad; just a big mess to clean up.
Jane
PD
Pete_D
Oct 15, 2003
Jane,

Always nice to see one of my friends (herons). Better send him south soon 🙂

Pete
LK
Leen_Koper
Oct 15, 2003
About fall colours: I picked up some of these wonderful leaves and press them between some layers of paper.
When they are completely flat I intend to scan these leaves on my flatbed scanner, covered with a white opiece of paper.
The final goal will be copying these images as a layer over a portrait and carefully use the eraser tool to bring out the portrait through the nervation of the leaf.

Probably a good idea for someone else too. No charges made. 😉

Leen
R
Ray
Oct 16, 2003
Jane, very beautifull pictures!!
R
Ray
Oct 16, 2003
Btw, any new pictures of Muffin? 😉
JC
Jane_Carter
Oct 16, 2003
Hi Ray, Just this one I took Tuesday after a long walk up on the power line right-of-ways. Both of us were tired, my husband was worried that we were gone so long.
<http://www.pbase.com/image/22353732>
She was napping on the sofa on our back porch.
Jane
ML
Marty_Landolt
Oct 16, 2003
LEEN,
Thanks for the free idea. I have to pick up a half acre of those beautiful things but still love them. I’ll try your interesting picture idea.
Marty
R
Ray
Oct 16, 2003
She looks lovely! 😉 Thanks for sharing!

Ray
LK
Leen_Koper
Oct 16, 2003
Marty, this way we are not "off topic" any more. 😉

I gave it a try and scanned a leaf I picked up from the street, but obviously the depth of field of my flatbed scanner is to limited as part of it was out of focus. In the meantime I’m pressing some leaves between newspapers and I’m eagerly waiting for the results. Otherwise I will take my digital camera and produce some images with a stopped down lens.

Leen

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections