O
Posted By
offcolor
Aug 9, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
What is an easy way to replace a selection with another part of the same image? thanks.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

O
offcolor
Aug 10, 2003
Warren Sarle wrote:
wrote in message
What is an easy way to replace a selection with another part of the same image? thanks.

You could use the Clone/Stamp tool, or you could copy the other part of the image, make the selection, and use Edit->Paste Into.

Thanks, but neither is what I have in mind, or I may have misunderstood the suggestions.

The Clone/Stamp tool tends to destroy the film grain, which I want to preserve.

The Edit->Paste Into would require me to make the selection again in the other part of the image. Perhaps another way to ask the question is: how can I get an exact cutout from a part of an image based on a selection made elsewhere?

Thanks again.
N
nomail
Aug 10, 2003
wrote:

Warren Sarle wrote:
wrote in message

You could use the Clone/Stamp tool, or you could copy the other part of the image, make the selection, and use Edit->Paste Into.

Thanks, but neither is what I have in mind, or I may have misunderstood the suggestions.

The Clone/Stamp tool tends to destroy the film grain, which I want to preserve.

The Edit->Paste Into would require me to make the selection again in the other part of the image. Perhaps another way to ask the question is: how can I get an exact cutout from a part of an image based on a selection made elsewhere?

Easy. You can move a selection, so you after you’ve made your selection, you can move it to the desired place and make your cutout.

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl/
P
phred
Aug 17, 2003
Did you try the cloning tool?

wrote in message

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections