LP
Posted By
Luis_Puncel
Oct 15, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I keep reading about how useful recipes are, but my recipe pallet in PSE 2 is blank. Is this normal, or is there something I need to do to have the recipes show up? I used to have recipes in PSE 1 but they disappeared when I installed PSE 2.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

PD
Pete_D
Oct 15, 2003
Right above the word "recipes" and below "how to" there should be the words "select a recipe". Click the arrow and select one of the recipes there.

Pete
LP
Luis_Puncel
Oct 15, 2003
Pete,

Thanks for the response. I can’t do that because the "select a recipe" drop-down box is constantly greyed out. clicking on it does nothing.

Any ideas on what is causing this?

Luis
PD
Pete_D
Oct 15, 2003
Luis,

Not sure why the recipes are grayed. They should be visible and active even without a picture open.

Next step is to try resetting preferences (something that fixes a lot of odd behavior). Have PSE closed, then Immediately after double clicking the PSE icon, HOLD the shift/alt/cntrl keys down until you see a small window open asking if you want to delete files…click yes. The deleted preference folder will be rebuilt as the program continues to load.

Pete
BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 15, 2003
Luis, are you sure they got installed? Look in the application folder on your hard drive and see if you can find them in there. If so, that sends us in one direction. If they aren’t in there, try installing Elements again right over the top of the current install. Something might have gone wrong in the first installation and the recipes didn’t get copied to the hard drive. Or, you could try moving them from the install CD into the proper folder in the Elements application folder.
LP
Luis_Puncel
Oct 15, 2003
Thanks Pete and Beth. I first tried resetting my preferences, but that didn’t work. Then I reinstalled PSE 2 as Beth suggested and that worked! I really appreciate both of you for responding to my question.

Luis
DH
Dave Hamer
Oct 16, 2003
Luis,

Try reinstalling the program. We had a similar occurence with our Photoshop Elements Training Lab and the reinstall quickly corrected the missing recipes on all machines.

Dave

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections