PS 8 : Is there a Transmogrify equivalent?

SF
Posted By
Scott_Falkner
May 13, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I remember a scanning program coming with a Transmogrify feature that would do a good job welding two scans together. Useful when scannign a larger documetn than your scanner can handle in one pass.

Other than transform, blend, and mask (which I can do) is there a more automated way to join, say, two photos into one panorama?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

I
ID._Awe
May 13, 2005
I only thought Calvin did that.
SF
Scott_Falkner
May 13, 2005
HL
Harry Limey
May 13, 2005
wrote in message

Other than transform, blend, and mask (which I can do) is there a more
automated way to join, say, two photos into one panorama?

There is an automated stitching feature in Photoshop 8 – But it is not a stitch on (If you will pardon the pun) Autostich which has been developed by a couple of University students and which they are giving away free as a beta version.
I use it regularly and it is incredibly easy to use and effective – you just point it at a folder of overlapping pictures – (on the website they show Five rows of pictures (56 pictures in total)) and away it goes – you don’t even have to put the pictures in any order.

http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autostitch/autostitch.html

Harry
HL
harry_limey
May 13, 2005
wrote in message
Other than transform, blend, and mask (which I can do) is there a more automated way to join, say, two photos into one panorama?

There is an automated stitching feature in Photoshop 8 – But it is not a stitch on (If you will pardon the pun) Autostich which has been developed by a couple of University students and which they are giving away free as a beta version.
I use it regularly and it is incredibly easy to use and effective – you just point it at a folder of overlapping pictures – (on the website they show Five rows of pictures (56 pictures in total)) and away it goes – you don’t even have to put the pictures in any order.

<http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autostitch/autostitch.html>

I posted one reply to this on the adobe.photoshop.windows newsnet but realised that it cannot be seen on the Adobe forums (not sure why the forums can be seen on newsnet???)

Harry
S
Sepen
May 13, 2005
File> Automate> Photomerge…
C
chrisjbirchall
May 13, 2005
Photomerge is actually quite good – so long as you are prepared to work at it.

Uncheck the flatten layers option. That way you can let Photomerge do 90% of the work before you step in to manually ensure a seamless transition from image to image using the myriad tool Photoshop puts at your disposal.

Chris.
SF
Scott_Falkner
May 13, 2005
Thanks Sepen and Chris. I will play with those.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections