S
Posted By
St
Apr 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, I made a bezier curve using the pen tool. It only has 3 anchor points to it. When I stroke the path (using pencil or brush) it only stokes where the anchor points are, so I only get 3 dots instead of having a full curvy line following my path. I tried the exact same thing using PS 7 and everything works fine, like it should. Also, when pixel cloning (rubber stamp tool) holding the shift key does not allow me to clone a row of pixel at once, while it works using the healing tool. Again, these problems don’t occur with PS 7. I’ve been a professional Photoshop user since version 2.5 came out and, though CS is great in many ways, I’ve never experienced odd behavior like I do right now from any previous Photoshop update. Was there any "quality control" made when Adobe decided to release CS?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Apr 29, 2004
Are you certain that your path was FULLY selected (black arrow or cmd. option click on it) before you stroked it? And your brush tip/spacing was at 25% or less? And that "Spacing" is checked?
DK
Doug_Katz
Apr 29, 2004
It’s when Spacing is not checked. In fact, 100 years ago, Deke McLlelland wrote about this as a useless trick… if you want dabs of paint to locate themselves on the points of a path and nowhere else, deselect Spacing before you stroke the path. Who would ever have need of this trick is unclear, but it’s nice to know about in the event someone sees it unexpectedly.
S
St
Apr 30, 2004
Checking the spacing box fixed it. THANKS!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections