SH
Posted By
sharon_houston
Oct 11, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is it possible to print banners with Photoshop Elements – I have just switched over from using the big Photoshop program on my Mac to PhotoShop Elements on the PC – As long as I create my new document with dimensions of say 10" X 48" will it print as a banner if I set my custom paper to the same size? Thanks. sherrie

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 11, 2003
As far as I know, as long as your printer will handle it, Elements will let you create it. I created a panorama that was over 3 feet long. Of course it was only six inches high, so I never tried to print it. 🙂
SH
sharon_houston
Oct 11, 2003
Thanks beth – I guess the worst that can happen is I’ll waste a little banner paper.
R
Ray
Oct 11, 2003
Ehhh… isn’t here a pixel limitation in PSE ? There’s only a certain number of pixels in images that PS7 can handle (I believe it’s 30,000 x 30,000), so I guess PSE shares the same limit.

Ray
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Oct 11, 2003
Ray, yes – same limitation in both. 4 feet long x 12 inches x 300 ppi = 14,400 so that’s okay!
R
Ray
Oct 11, 2003
Ok… what if I wanted to print a banner for an airplane ad campaing… ? Ok, never mind, I don’t like ads.. 😉

Ray
S
Stanley
Oct 11, 2003
On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 15:08:40 -0700,
wrote:

Thanks beth – I guess the worst that can happen is I’ll waste a little banner paper.
Will be curious to know how you make out. Who knows I just might try one myself….You go first

Stan
LK
Leen_Koper
Oct 11, 2003
Just only a few days ago I printed an image of 60×142 cm (almost 2×5 ft). No problem.

(definitely not a banner for an airplane to support an Austrian) 😉

Leen
GD
Grant_Dixon
Oct 12, 2003
Ray in fact you can. The reason is an add large enough to fill a bill board or the side of a plane will be viewed from many feet away and therefore you will not need 300 dpi.

Grant
LK
Leen_Koper
Oct 12, 2003
As far as I know images on billboards are printed at about 72 ppi. Consider it a giant monitor. 😉

Leen
RR
Raymond Robillard
Oct 12, 2003
I wish, sometimes, I could turn these ‘giant monitors’ off… 😉
W
wolf
Feb 24, 2007
Heyho dudes,
Im planing to make my own lil homepage, the layout is done, but I need a banner, is there somewhere a good tutorial showing how to make banners?

Thanks
Matrimelee
PK
Phil K
Feb 24, 2007
"wolf" wrote in message
Heyho dudes,
Im planing to make my own lil homepage, the layout is done, but I need a banner, is there somewhere a good tutorial showing how to make banners?
Thanks
Matrimelee

Yes, dude. Heyho.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections