SS
Posted By
Shad_Superman
Oct 11, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
So i get the error unalbe to contine hareware or software problem, this error is unrecoverable. please Quit.

This of course angers me, so i find this site and the whole article on how to fix it. I more or less do everything in the article, i dont feel like buy ing version 2, It still doesnt work, this annoys me to no end! has anyone else had this error and come out on top? i should dearly like to know how to beat this one.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

SS
Shad_Superman
Oct 11, 2003
O yeah and the only way i can even get into the program now is hitin Cltr + Alt + Shift and it askes me to Delete the Adobe Photoshop Element Settings File. And thats now what the lil help article said would happend
NS
Nancy_S
Oct 11, 2003
Removed post, noticed you already read the post I was mentioning.

BTW, did you have either of the two programs installed which were mentioned as possible causes for your problem? (Active Share and Kodak CD)

Nancy
SS
Shad_Superman
Oct 11, 2003
I took care of activeShare and PictureCD
NS
Nancy_S
Oct 11, 2003
Shad,

Do you mean you uninstalled the two programs?

It is helpful when trying to resolve a problem to post some details about the system you are running, like the OS, amount of RAM etc.
SS
Shad_Superman
Oct 11, 2003
OK

I didn’t uninstall the two programs, i renamed them to make them ussless, like the little article told me.

I’m useing XP and i have lots of ram and lots of space avalible.
BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 11, 2003
Shad, maybe we should go back to the beginning and start again. We now know that you’re using Win XP, but in your original post you say something about "not buying version 2", which is a little confusing to me. So… Is this PSE 2 that you’ve installed from a retail CD, is it PSE 1? Is this the demo download? At what point do you get this error message? Did the software completely install? Are you getting the error while Elements is trying to launch? Are you getting the error message while trying to perform a certain task?

I certainly can understand your frustration, but if you want help, you’ve gotta give us a little more to go on! 🙂
SS
Shad_Superman
Oct 11, 2003
From start yes yes.

PSE 1 was installed on my computer as was XP. I went to this site and found the help article on my particular error message(error unalbe to contine due to a hareware or software problem, this error is unrecoverable. Sorry.)

So following the help articles advice i press Clt + Alt + Shift and it asked me if i wanted to delete the prefereances file, i say yes, then a new box says you sould have ur scratch disc on a different physical drive, i say ok. i change the scratch file to a different drive no problem. The program then works till i exit it, then the cycle starts all over again. I renamed ActiveShare and PictureCD to make them use less, Thou i didnt seem to help.

I dont have verion 2 or the demo for verion 2.
NS
Nancy_S
Oct 11, 2003
Shad,

You changed the scratch file to a different drive…so this means you have at least two hard drives, correct? Of course you wouldn’t put it on your CD ROM or DVD drive, right.

What happens when you launch the program the next time if you don’t change the drive for the scratch disk, just close the box? Did you do something with the Hints Palette as the post suggested?

You say you renamed Active Share and Kodak CD…do you mean the dlls within PSE?
SS
Shad_Superman
Oct 11, 2003
Well I put the scratch disc on to my other hard drive, And i put the Hints palette in the Palette well. i close it all up and i still get the error. The only way i can get back into the program is by deleting the prefences file. which undo’s the place i put the scratch drive. And the problem cycles all over again.

I renamed the ActiveShare and PictureCD by changeing their .dll to .old like the post suggested.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections