GD
Posted By
Grant_Dixon
Oct 10, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I got home today a bit bummed out and Doreen greeted me with a new toy. It seem a researcher at the university is returning home to Peru and decided to sell his 7 month old computer. I now have a HP Pavilion ze4200 note book in mint condition. Doreen said she figured I would not mind as the selling price was … well when you convert it about $300 US dollars. So now I have a smile on my face and a new toy.

Grant

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JD
Juergen_D
Oct 10, 2003
Grant,

He wouldn’t have another one??? Congratulations!!

Juergen
BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 10, 2003
Or two?! Nice buy! We got a Dell Latitude for a song a couple of years ago. I keep looking for somebody else desperate for money to pay the rent but haven’t found another one yet. Enjoy!!!
R
Ray
Oct 10, 2003
When my friend was laid off at his prior job, part of his leaving bonus was a Dell Lattitude laptop.
He just upgraded the memory today. Now, they only thing missing is a fast hard drive and he’ll have
a nice machine, for almost nothing…

Ray
BG
Byron_Gale
Oct 10, 2003
Grant,

I N V U

What good fortune!

Byron
LM
Lou_M
Oct 11, 2003
Congrats, Grant.

So this is your new portable hard drive to dump your camera’s memory card onto? 😉
GD
Grant_Dixon
Oct 11, 2003
Lou

You do remember my tricks. Yes this will be on of the uses for my new toy. One of the things that come with it is a combo DVD CD RW so I will be able to burn images and mail them home thus being double protected. I believe in England they call this "belt and braces".

Grant
LK
Leen_Koper
Oct 11, 2003
Grant, do you have time to play with this new toy?

Leen
GD
Grant_Dixon
Oct 11, 2003
Leen

No …. But I will soon …. for a short time anyhow. I am down to 10 men and on Saturday (tomorrow) that will be that. The refinery is built. Now on Tuesday I will be starting for another company in yet the same refinery. In the beginning the job will be a lot less hectic I suspect it will be for a short time I will be working only 36 hour work week. There will only be 120 men at peak so that is about half of what I have had.

For the present I am planning in taking some of my bonus and purchasing two or three new lenses for my Nikon. Maybe I will even buy the new Photoshop. Then it will be lots of fun with new toys.

Grant

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections