EH
Posted By
Ellen_Hennessy
Oct 10, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to access "Color Variation" through the Enhance Menu > Adjust Color. That option is not available and the Color Variation icon is not activated on the Shortcut Bar. How do I activate this option?

I am using Photoshop Elements 2.0 with Windows ME.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JH
Jim_Hess
Oct 10, 2003
Enhance|Adjust Color|Color Variations.
R
Ray
Oct 10, 2003
Is the image mode RGB? It won’t work with Bitmap.

Ray
EH
Ellen_Hennessy
Oct 10, 2003
Yes, it is RGB. Only 4 options show up under Adjust Color. The fifth – Color Variation – is missing.
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Oct 10, 2003
Ellen, you may have to try resetting preferences; it should be there.
EH
Ellen_Hennessy
Oct 10, 2003
Chuck, I have searched my preference list in Edit and cannot see one which seems to apply. Am I in the wrong place? Thank you.
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Oct 10, 2003
Ellen, I’m sorry – my reply was way too short. What you might want to try to do is go through the delete preferences routine; this will re-initialize a lot of settings for you and may restore the missing line in Color Variations. Exit Elements, then restart it, and when the program begins to load, hold down the Shift, Alt, and Ctl keys. You should get a message asking if you want to delete preferences. Click Yes and let Elements continue loading. Then load a picture and see if the Color Variations choices are back to five.
EH
Ellen_Hennessy
Oct 10, 2003
Thank you, Chuck. I just tried that and still have only four choices. ???????????
MM
Mac_McDougald
Oct 11, 2003
Are you running in 1024×768 (or higher)?

A quirk of Elements is that menu items can be truncated at 800×600.

What’s the last thing you see on the File menu, for example?

Mac
EH
Ellen_Hennessy
Oct 11, 2003
Yes, I’m running at 1024×768. The last thing I see on the File menu is exit?????
NS
Nancy_S
Oct 11, 2003
Ellen,

Does it say RGB under Image>Mode?
EH
Ellen_Hennessy
Oct 11, 2003
Nancy,
Yes it does say RGB.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections