Posted By
Brad_Bosley
Apr 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi:)
I have an image that i want to split up into several smaller images. Is there any way to use the select tool or marching ants to draw a box around a part of the image and say create a new image of the selected area? Photoshop CS Mac OS X 10.3.3
Brad

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

P
Phosphor
Apr 28, 2004
Select area using the rectangular marquee.

Command + C; Command + N; Enter; Command + V.

RTFM. ETFA.
BB
Brad_Bosley
Apr 28, 2004
I understand that, but will command N automatically create an image file the same size as my selection?
P
Phosphor
Apr 28, 2004
Apparently, you didn’t even try it did you?

You think I’m getting paid to second-guess you?

Just do it. Listen to your guru and do it.
GD
glen_deman
Apr 28, 2004
I’ve recorded these steps as an action, just because I use it so often.

Phos, I know that RTFM means read the fantabulous manual 🙂 but what does ETFA mean?
P
Phosphor
Apr 28, 2004
Explore…application.
O
Ol__Whozit
Apr 29, 2004
Actually, RTFM means Read The Furnished Materials.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Apr 29, 2004
Which would make better sense if Adobe actually furnished printed Manuals with CS…… < G R O W L >
R
Ram
Apr 29, 2004
Ann,

I got my Photoshop 8 individual upgrade on Monday, and it came with a printed manual. It’s smaller and thinner than 7’s, but it also contains a gazillion more references to the Help file. There seem to be at least three or four on each page.

I’m looking at it as a printed index to the Help file.

I wouldn’t recommend spending money on it if you got the whole CS upgrade without printed manuals,
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Apr 29, 2004
What’s worse than having three or four "See Help"s on each page, is the charming way that the book has of sending you from page to page to page only to then tell you to "See Help" after all!

I bought the Suite so the printed Manuals were "unfurnished" …and cost an additional fifty bucks.
P
Phosphor
Apr 29, 2004
Ann…

This may interest you:
Phosphor "Awful site to navigate!" 4/22/04 9:43pm </cgi-bin/webx?14/26>

Check the thread, then check my link in that thread.
R
Ram
Apr 29, 2004
From the link Phosphor provided:

In my experience, Adobe software (such as Photoshop and GoLive) is perhaps the worst case scenario. Granted, Adobe’s products are laden with high-end features designed for professionals, but almost nothing about how they work is self-evident. Even with the aid of the software’s built-in help, it often takes me several tries to figure out how to do the most basic tasks. Adobe’s products scream for decent documentation.

My opinion is that it is disingenuous for Adobe to provide a printed manual, at an additional cost to a lot of users, that simply directs you to the built-in Help.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections