GJ
Posted By
Graham_Jobson
May 12, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am fairly new to Adobe ver.07 If i could try and explain the problem I have two neighbours one has an old driveway the other has a new driveway I photographed both driveways with the polygonal lasso cut out the shape of the old driveway placed it on top of the new driveway how do I get the pattern of the driveway underneath? Also when I drop the new drive on the old drive will this distort the pattern after stretching it to fit with the free transform tool if so is there an answer to that? Thanks in advance
Graham

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

KA
Kelli_Aylesworth
May 12, 2005
What exactly are you trying to accomplish? How the new driveway would look in front of the other house?
GJ
Graham_Jobson
May 12, 2005
Yes thats exactly what I am trying to accomplish
GJ
Graham_Jobson
May 13, 2005
Topic
Please Help!!

Graham Jobson – 08:31am May 12, 2005 Pacific

I am fairly new to Adobe ver.07 If i could try and explain the problem I have two neighbours one has an old driveway the other has a new driveway I wouyld like to see what the new drive would look like on the old drive.I photographed both driveways with the polygonal lasso cut out the shape of the old driveway placed it on top of the new driveway how do I get the pattern of the driveway underneath? Also when I drop the new drive on the old drive will this distort the pattern after stretching it to fit with the free transform tool if so is there an answer to that? Thanks in advance
Graham
B
BobLevine
May 13, 2005
Graham,

Posting constant duplicated is a sure way to get no help at all. It tends to upset the natives.

I’ve deleted one and left the other to bump the topic, but please don’t post anymore duplicates. If someone can help you, they will.

You should also read this:

LenHewitt, "How To Get Help Quickly" #, 4 Mar 2004 8:27 am </cgi-bin/webx?50>

Bob
GJ
Graham_Jobson
May 14, 2005
Cheers Bob but this is a problem that I need help with if Adobe Photoshop is not the correct program for my needs could someone please suggest an alternative program. Thanks Graham
B
BobLevine
May 14, 2005
It’s right program, but it’s not, IMO, a beginners project. I’d suggest googling for various tutorials. There are tons of sites dedicated to Photoshop. Google "photoshop tutorials" and have some fun.

Bob
LM
Lynch_Mike
May 14, 2005
is it a tile pattern?
P
Phosphor
May 14, 2005
Have you loaded the Adobe Forums message punctuation plugin, Graham? If so, please activate it. Those run-on sentences are tough to read.

😉
C
chrisjbirchall
May 14, 2005
GJ
Graham_Jobson
May 20, 2005
Hi Mike Thanks for the reply yes it is a tile pattern hears hoping that you can help Graham
KA
Kelli_Aylesworth
May 20, 2005
The easiest method I can tell you, but it won’t be pretty, would be simple copy and paste.

Lasso the area you want to copy into the other image. Do a CTRL+C. Open your other image, then CTRL+V. Get the MOVE tool and move your image around to fit. That’s basically down and dirty.

If you want to clean it up some, you can lasso a bit more area than needed, then use the Blur tool to blend it a touch.

This is assuming the two images were taking roughly the same distance away, and the same angle.

Good luck!
Kelli
LM
Lynch_Mike
May 20, 2005
You might also flip the copied selection horizontally to create a mirrored effect from the other driveway…
It really depends on the image whether it can work.
Without seeing that, we’re just guessing.
You might post a [small] image on <http://pixeltran.com> or your own website. -Mike
KA
Kelli_Aylesworth
May 20, 2005
use pixentral.com. Stays for 30 days and creates a thumbnail for you to post here.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections