CP
Posted By
Craig_Pritchett
Apr 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I was supplied a layered Photoshop CS file that was created in an IBM environment, and when I open it in Photoshop 5.5 on my Mac G4 some of the colors have shifted dramatically. The layer that has the color shift is set to the "saturation" blending mode.

Also, there are two layers that have the "outer glow" layer effect with a "screen" blending mode applied to the effect (the layer’s blending mode is "normal"). The outer glow effect on both layers is barely visible on my computer, but quite strong on the computer it was created on.

I’m wondering if it’s a program version incompatibility or a cross-platform issue. Any ideas?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
Buko
Apr 27, 2004
Its because PSCS is more advaced than 5.5 that simple.

the file should have been saved with "maximum comptability"

maybe its time to upgrade your copy of photoshop.
CP
Craig_Pritchett
Apr 27, 2004
That’s what I suspected was probably causing it. I’ve been wanting to upgrade and get a native OSX version anyway. Thanks for your advice. If anyone else has another suggestion to work around it in the meantime, please let me know.
B
Buko
Apr 27, 2004
the file should have been saved with "maximum comptability"

this will save the file with a flattened version
CC
Chris_Cox
May 1, 2004
More likely the difference is in the color settings and display calibration.

The blending hasn’t changed that much (except for a FEW edge cases with color dodge, etc.).

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections