MM
Posted By
m_mize
Oct 9, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am working on a friends computer and she told me that she keeps getting an error when she loads up both Photo Elements and Photoshop 7.0. I have opened the program and get this message:
"The application or DLL C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop 7.0\PDFL50.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette"
I have uninstalled both programs and clean disk and ran a few other programs to clean the registry, etc, then reinstalled both programs to find the same error message.
I am looking for a solution to her problem.
She is on a Sony Vio Laptop, with Win XP Pro.
She has informed me that both products works perfectly fine until recently, but cannot pinpoint when the issues started.

Thanks for the help in advanced.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

NS
Nancy_S
Oct 9, 2003
m mize,

Don’t have both programs open at the same time, they won’t play nicely.

Should the above not fix the problem…
If ever behavior becomes quirky in either program, it may be due to a corrupted preferences file. Uninstalling a program will not remove this file. To delete the file, immediately after clicking icon to launch, simulataneously hold the ctrl/shift/alt keys (running Windows) and answer yes when the dialogue box pops up. If you don’t see the box, let the program load and try again. It wouldn’t hurt to do this for both programs. The file will rebuild itself.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections