carolyn_campbell
Apr 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

My fonts are looking jagged in PS 7.0.

They appear smooth in all other programs, which leads me to think it’s a problem with Photoshop.

I have anti-aliasing turned on. I’ve reinstalled Photoshop. I’ve gone ahead and reinstalled ATM and all of my fonts, as well. None of these things have worked.

I’ve just upgraded my machine (Power Mac G4) and have both OS9 and OSX installed, and I’ve chosen to work in OS9. Does anyone have any ideas what the problem might be? And any suggestions to fix it?

Thanks,
Carolyn

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
Buko
Apr 27, 2004
What is the file resolution?? ppi

What kind of fonts are they??

are you sure you have both parts if they are type 1??
JS
John_Slate
Apr 27, 2004
And even if you have the printer font Photoshop will always display the type at the file’s resolution, but if the type is maintained as vector, will print at whatever the resolution is of the postscript device that you print to. A case of WYSINWYG…What You See Is NOT What You Get.

Or put another way, Photoshop will not display fonts like InDesign, Illustrator or Acrobat, but will print fonts like ID, Illy and Acrobat.
R
Ram
Apr 27, 2004
Carolyn,

Are you looking at your image at 100% in Photoshop? If not, type will not look proper.

Also, I hope you are running Photoshop 7.0.1 (and not 7.0).

Did you install ATM Light in your 9.2.2 system?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections