E
Posted By
ewk
Apr 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have some raster and vector clipart images with white backgrounds. I want to cut out the backgrounds and import the images into Freehand. I have tried making a clipping path, saving the file as eps and importing into FH…..background is still there. I’ve tried the same and saving as tiff or jpeg, and still it’s there. I tried putting the image on a transparent background in PS and doing all the same, but with no luck. How do I get rid of the background so FH will accept the image? I’m in PS 7, FH 9, MAC OS 9.2.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

J
jonf
Apr 27, 2004
Just to be sure, when you made your path, you did select it as your Clipping Path?
E
ewk
Apr 28, 2004
I messed around with it today again and somehow got it to work. I thought I was selecting the path as a clipping path, but maybe I wasn’t. Anyway, I seem to have it now….I make a clipping path then save the file as a tiff and it works.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections