BH
Posted By
Brian Hoffsis
Oct 7, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
No matter what brush size I select it only works one pixel at a time. This is the same for any tool that uses brushes (eraser, clone, healing etc).

Has anyone had this problem before? I have downloaded all updates and uninstalled and reinstalled the program. I am at a loss.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RC
Richard_Coencas
Oct 7, 2003
Brian,

Try deleting prefs. Hold down Control-Alt-Shift upon launch (immediately after launching program). If you time it right you get a dialog asking to delete settings file.

Rich
BH
Brian Hoffsis
Oct 7, 2003
That didn’t do it.
BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 7, 2003
Are you sure you’re changing the size of the brush in the Option Bar? Do you have Cap Locks on? Just tossing out other thoughts!
BH
Brian Hoffsis
Oct 7, 2003
When I use the largest brush (2500) it makes a mark only about 25 pixels high. Same with and without caps.
NS
Nancy_S
Oct 7, 2003
Brian,

Do you have a horrendously large feather value set?
PD
Pete_D
Oct 7, 2003
Brian,

Go to image/resize; what is the size of image, and the resolution?

Pete
BH
Brian Hoffsis
Oct 7, 2003
Pete, this has been happening for a while no matter what image I use (size or resolution).

Nancy, how can I check my feather value set?
PD
Pete_D
Oct 7, 2003
Brian,

Feather value is in the "Options Bar" (that is the third one down…top is Menu Bar, file edit etc.., second is "shortcuts bar" and has the shortcut icons. Just below that). Oh, You have to have tool like paintbrush selected to see it.

Pete

Nancy, how can I check my feather value set?
BH
Brian Hoffsis
Oct 7, 2003
I cant see a feather option for say the clone stamp or eraser and the value for selection tools is 0.
BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 7, 2003
Brian, have you tried Reset All Tools from the far left side of the Option Bar? I haven’t seen that mentioned yet. And, are you sure you actually got those Preferences deleted? Usually we can cure a problem like this by now; we must be losing our touch. 🙁
BH
Brian Hoffsis
Oct 7, 2003
Well you did something right because deleting the preferences (shift+alt+ctrl) as the program is loading worked this time. I had done it before but must not have taken hold. Thanks for all your help.
BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 7, 2003
I’m glad you tried it again, Brian. That sure sounded like what would cure the problem, but I’ve had trouble getting it to "take" before, too, if I was using the keyboard method. I usually just go dig them out of the Preference folder on my hard drive, but I think that’s easier on a Mac than a Win machine.
VB
Vicky Bilaniuk
Oct 8, 2003
Sorry… I don’t know why, but every single time I see this thread, well the subject, actually, I keep thinking of "The Trouble With Harry."
BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 8, 2003
Yeh, well he had to have his preferences trashed too often, so we just got rid of Harry. 🙂

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections