R
Posted By
richarddobell
Apr 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m using Photoshop CS with Quark 6.1 on a shiny new G5 Mac.

The point – I’m working on an image of a coffee cup which needs to be cut-out, the outer path is fine and displays okay in Quark. But the path that cuts out inside the cup handle (subpath for lack of a better word) does not display as a cut out and when printed still does not work. I’ve tried saving the file and .EPS and also as a .TIF document.

Anyone got any tips please…

Regards

Richard

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

P
progress
Apr 26, 2004
check the paths…the inner one should be set to subtract…its on the options bar when your on the path tool…those little sqaure icons, one of those 🙂
P
progress
Apr 26, 2004
keep an eye on the path preview in your palette to check it before saving or convert to a selection to check
B
Buko
Apr 26, 2004
If you were using InDesign you could place a PSD with a transparent background and a clipping path would be unnecessary
J
jonf
Apr 26, 2004
"check the paths…the inner one should be set to subtract…its on the options bar when your on the path tool…those little sqaure icons, one of those"

Thanks, progress. I’ve been wondering why since using the upgrade (to 7) command-clicking on my path was no longer selecting the region with sections subtracting, as I was used to in my earlier version. I hadn’t noticed that option in the options bar. Problem solved.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections