EA
Posted By
Earl_Alexander
Oct 6, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How do I open the "Start.psd" file located in the APE application folder? Where is the folder? I’m assuming I would open it AFTER I open my image. Right-wrong?? Also, how do you access the Special Shape Tool? I know I’ll get several good responses soon, Thank you.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 6, 2003
Is "Start.psd" actually in the application folder (it isn’t on mine) or is it on your Elements install CD? I don’t have my CD available right now, so I can’t check, but it seems like that’s where it was the last time I was trying to answer this question for someone.

And for the Special Shape Tool, look on your Tool Bar, fourth item down, left column. I think it defaults to Custom Shape Tool, but if that’s not what’s showing, there’s a submenu accessed by holding down the little triangle. You’ll see a number of different tools listed, including the Shape Tool. Is that what you’ve looking for?
EA
Earl_Alexander
Oct 6, 2003
Beth,
Only thing I know is in the HELP section of elements, it says the "Start.psd file is located inside the Adobe PSE appl. folder.. I cant see a Appl folder.

Thanks for the tip also on the tool. When I get a little time, I will see if I can track both down.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Oct 6, 2003
Mark, I don’t the exact file path in Windows, but it should be somewhere on your C drive.

For a mac, it’s in Applications>Adobe Photoshop Elements>Tutorials. It should be similar for win.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Oct 6, 2003
Forgot to say, when you find it, you should be able to just double-click it to open it. It is an image, so you don’t need to have another image open first.
BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 6, 2003
Oh, yeah, it was in Tutorials; the window had been compressed and I didn’t see it. Sorry about that!
EA
Earl_Alexander
Oct 6, 2003
Beth,
Only thing I know is in the HELP section of elements, it says the "Start.psd file is located inside the Adobe PSE appl. folder.. I cant see a Appl folder.

Thanks for the tip also on the tool. When I get a little time, I will see if I can track both down.
EA
Earl_Alexander
Oct 6, 2003
Thanks Beth and Barbara,
I found the file on my C drive. Also found the custom shape tool.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections