B
Posted By
B._Church
Oct 6, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I got Photoshop Elements with a Wacom Tablet. I was using the Custom Shape Tool in the program when I got an idea. Is there a way to put a photograph in the "Star" shaped custom shaped tool? In other words. Is there a way. (With Layers Perhaps)that will allow me to put a digital photograph within the "Star" shaped area that I created with the special shape tool?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
RobertHJones
Oct 6, 2003
Is there a way. (With Layers Perhaps)that will allow me to put a digital
photograph within the "Star" shaped area that I created with the special shape tool?

Yes. This will get you started. Open the file with the photo. create the "star" shaped area with the shape tool. Open the layers palette and move the shape layer underneath the photo layer. Click on the photo layer in the layer palette to make it the active layer. Group the two layers (Ctrl-G). The photo will now be clipped to the shape of the star. You can move the photo around using the move tool to center the image as desired.
JC
Jane_Carter
Oct 6, 2003
Hi Robert, I tried this and it worked very well. I learn something new every day here, thanks. Jane

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections