Posted By
mx-mom
Oct 5, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
text layer alignment

When I type in text and then go to the alignments of left, center, or rt. my text goes off the document and only partially shows. Does anyone have any suggestions for this problem. Even when I created a new layer first, then typed text, the same problem occurs.

Thanks,
Mx-MOM

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

KW
Kyle_White
Oct 5, 2003
Mx-MOM,

The alignment point seems to be wherever you first "clicked" to start entering text. So if you’ve clicked in the middle of the area, then that will be your alignment point.

Once you’ve entered your text, just use the "Move" tool to drag the text block to where you want it. Any subsequent text you enter, in that block, will stay in alignment, no problem.

HTH

Kyle
GD
Grant_Dixon
Oct 5, 2003
Mx-MOM

Hmm "Mx-MOM" there must be a story there.

Kyle is quite right in his description.

Elements has very bad text manners well hardly any at all but … yes there is a work around.

1) Select an appropriate grid pattern.
2) Set snap to grid on.
3) Type you Text in the justification you want.
4) Move the text to where you want and it will snap to the handle that is near it.

For example if you want to center text set the grid to 100% with 2 divisions. Type your text anywhere on the screen with center justification. using the Move Tool grab the text box at the center button and pull it to the intersection of you grid line and it will lock in on the exact center. If you grab one of the other handle that handle will lock onto the center. Try it, it is easy.

Grant

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections