TI
Posted By
Tony_Isbitt
Apr 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have just purchased Panther and with the help of Apple managed to load it into my G4 (which already has 10.1.5 as well as OS9) When I attempt to load PS7 it starts but stops when its gets to initialising fonts. The PS panel dissapears and a while later a message come up saying an unexpected error do you want to advise apple of a bug. So why wont PS7 load on panther? It worked on OSx 10.1.5 I am not an expert on computers – especially mac so please hold my hand and explain simply. Many thanks.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
Ram
Apr 24, 2004
The first thing I would try is re-installing Photoshop within the Panther environment. I would delete all traces of the old one and its preferences file, Repair Permissions, then re-install and Repair Permissions once again.

Just make sure you save anything you may have added yourself to the Photoshop folder, like plug-ins, actions, etc.
TI
Tony_Isbitt
Apr 24, 2004
Hi Ramon,

It’s now 0.15am in the UK so I will try this on Monday. Just one thing. I am using OS9 until I can get Panther working properly. If I remove PH7 in panther will it affect OS9?
R
Ram
Apr 24, 2004
Tony,

The newly re-installed Photoshop7 should not affect your Classic or Mac OS 9.x (hope you are on 9.2.2) installations.
R
Ram
Apr 24, 2004
Tony,

Before re-installing, see if deleting the Photoshop preferences file and Repairing Permissions fixes your problem. It’s worth a try, and if it doesn’t, then you can do what I described in post #1.
TI
Tony_Isbitt
Apr 25, 2004
Hi Ramone,

Sorry to be a pain but where do I find these files in order to delete them? Let explain.I am a photographer brought up on Hasselblad and roll film for the last twenty years. When we purchased the mac I employed someone to do all the work with it(an adobe ace of all things). He has since left to go back to Spain to further his studies, leaving me with a big learning curve. We now shoot mostly digital and everthing goes through photoshop. I am trying very hard to understand mac operating system, photoshop software and Fuji S2 pro digital camera. So if my questions appear dumb it’s probably because at this stage I am. Anyway hows things in your part of the world?
Regards
Tony
Z
Zeb
Apr 25, 2004
Check your time zone settings first.
TI
Tony_Isbitt
Apr 25, 2004
Hi Zeb,

Why?
Z
Zeb
Apr 25, 2004
Photoshop must have the correct time zone set.
R
Ram
Apr 26, 2004
Tony,

All the things that have been mentioned here so far are basic trouble shooting techniques, Here’s a good start:

<http://www.gballard.net/psd/troubleshootpurgepsd.html>
R
Ram
Apr 26, 2004
As far as the time zone tip (also included in the above link), by all means try it too. It often works. Set your Mac to a different time zone, then back.
TI
Tony_Isbitt
Apr 27, 2004
Hi Zeb

Hey! It worked a treat. All I did was change the time zone to London – England. Restarted and photoshop 7 up and running. Thanks a million.

Regards

Tony.
TI
Tony_Isbitt
Apr 27, 2004
Hi Ramone

Thanks for all your time and input to this problem. I hope we shall talk again.

Regards

Tony Isbitt

www.tonyisbittphotography.co.uk

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections