Posted By
Rey_Michaud
Apr 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

RM
Rey_Michaud
Apr 23, 2004
Why is the new Liquify in PS CS sooooooo slow. Everything else in PS CS is running fine. I want the old liquify back! I could make the brushes much larger than I can in the new Liquify. The new one seems to take alot more time redrawing. I need the brushes to get much larger than they do. Is there a fix coming or is there anything that I can do about it?
I am running OSX on a Power Mac G4 with Dual 500s and almost 2 GB of ram. I have 75% allocated to Photoshop.
B
Buko
Apr 23, 2004
Is your scratch disk on a different drive than the system? it should be.

try dropping the allocated RAM to 65%.
BH
bryan_hughes
Apr 23, 2004
Hi Rey,

There have been no change to the brush sizes in Liquify( they remain at a max. of 600). As for performance, can you give me some more details? File size? Selections? Are you loading meshes? If so, are these meshes from PS7 or CS? Any additional information will be helpful in my attempts to isolate your problem.

Thanks,

-Bryan
RM
Rey_Michaud
Apr 23, 2004
I have 2 scratch disks approx 30 GB total. The brush size says 600 but its still not half the size of the old brush. I’m not using any selection or mesh.
I am running 2 machines. One still has PS 7 and I opened the image on that one. The filter works great on that one.
The image is approx 20" tall 10" high @ 300dpi. (120mb) If I open the image with Liquify in PS CS and set the brush size to 600, the brush looks about 5% the size of the image. If I open the same image in PS 7 Liquify with the brush set to 600 , the brush looks about 80% the size of the image….Why????
I stole the Liquify filter from my PS7 and swapped it with my Liquify filter in CS and my brush is nice and big now and the process is fast. With the new filter I have to wait a while for the image to draw itself. With the old filter, it is quick. I like some of the things in the new filter but It’s too slow and I need big brushes. Is there a fix?
BH
bryan_hughes
Apr 23, 2004
Hi Rey,

I think that the brush issue is actually the image coming in at a different zoom level in CS (and thus the brush is larger in proportion to the image). Try changing the zoom level within Liquify. I’ll look into your performance issues.

Thanks,

-Bryan
RM
Rey_Michaud
Apr 23, 2004
Even with PS7 I am zoomed all the way out and the brush is huge. I need to see the whole image. If I have to zoom in, then I won’t see the entire image.
In PS7 I can see the entire image and the brush is huge. I open it in PS CS and I can see the whole image but the brush is small. Both brushes are set to 600.
Not only is the brush smaller in CS, but when I open the image with Liquify it spins its wheel for a while, then it slowly starts to redraw the image one section at a time. then every move I make is slow and redraws in steps. PS 7 is smooth and opens quickly.
Liquify in PS CS seems to be the only problem I am having with CS. I constantly work on images 1-1.5 GB and have no problem with speed as long as I don’t have to use Liquify.
CC
Chris_Cox
Apr 23, 2004
That sounds like the symptoms when someone has a tablet hooked up and leaves the stylus on the tablet (it thinks it’s pressure sensitive, but it has zero pressure).
RM
Rey_Michaud
Apr 26, 2004
It’s not the stylus on the tablet.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections