SP
Posted By
steve_peters
Apr 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a shot of a car that is almost coming directly at the viewer. You can actually see the side of the car, but very slightly. I would like to be able to enlarge just the front of the car. transforming it will not work, because it will scale the whole car. Is there a better way. Maybe liquify? I have not used this feature very often, so if there would be any tricks to get it to come out perfect, that would be great.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

NK
Neil_Keller
Apr 23, 2004
steve,

What if you select the front of the car, copy ‘n’ paste into a new layer and enlarge it (or reduce the size of the rest of the car, which would be preferable from a resolution standpoint).

Neil
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Apr 23, 2004
Filter>Spherize?

Liquify could work but it would be tricky if you are not used to it.
J
jonf
Apr 26, 2004
I’ve done similar projects, and basically used Neil’s method. You can use the free transform tool to align the edge of the background image to the pasted foreground layer. It will take some finessing to get everything to look right, and of course won’t ever be exactly "real."

Remember, btw, if you copy and paste you should reduce the size (via distortion) of the background rather than enlarging the foreground layer, depending on the end resolution you’re shooting for. If you radically enlarge your pasted front-of-the-car you’ll resample it, potentially out of the safe range for your final output.
J
jonf
Apr 26, 2004
But of course what we really wish for is a magical tool that will read the image as 3d and allow us to rotate it! Feature request? 🙂
G
graffiti
Apr 26, 2004
that will read the image as 3d and allow us to rotate it!

It will be available in the new version of Photoshop CSI.
J
jonf
Apr 26, 2004
But I doubt it will be able to read a scanned in photo and create a wireframe for the object. I expect we’ll have to wait a few more years for that kind of extra-sensory computing capabilities.
R
Ram
Apr 26, 2004
Jonf,

You missed the sarcasm in graffiti’s post. 🙂

"It will be available in the new version of Photoshop CSI."

Have you seen those magic filters they have in the movies and in CSI type of TV shows? 🙂
B
Buko
Apr 26, 2004
It will be available in the new version of Photoshop CSI.

with the Hollywood Plugin Pack
J
jonf
Apr 26, 2004
oops. My bad. Yes, I complain about the imaginary technology in CSI to my wife all the time, but she insists they couldn’t put it in the show if it weren’t real. At least she didn’t believe McGiver was real.
G
graffiti
Apr 26, 2004
I never could tell a good joke. 🙂
R
Ram
Apr 26, 2004
LOL!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections