Posted By
Mike_Kohan
Oct 4, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello All,
I’m working on a layered project that consists of 5 photos on top of a background. Everything looks well. When adding text to the background is where the problem arises. The text is printed on the background with no problem. My dilemma is how to incorporate the added text as a new layer? I’ve looked over the manual and messed around with the software, but still can’t get it. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CS
Chuck_Snyder
Oct 4, 2003
Mike, when you pick the Text tool and start typing, it should create a new layer; type is always on its own layer unless and until you flatten the image. Once it’s flattened, it’s just pixels like the rest of the image, but up to that point, it should be on its own layer and editable.

Chuck
JF
Jodi_Frye
Oct 4, 2003
Mike, do you have your layers palette showing ? In toolbar under ‘window’….show layers. As Chuck stated the text automatically begins on it’s own layer once you choose the text tool and click on the screen. Perhaps the new layer that got created was not the top layer but somewhere in between.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections