TM
Posted By
Thomas_Midgette
Apr 22, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I attempt to copy and paste an image from another app, I receive this error message: "could not import the clipboard because there is not enough RAM"

I’m on a PowerBook 1.25GHz with 2GB RAM, 4GB Scratch Disk, 14GB free disk space. I’m not attempting anything new to my workflow here, other than using Photoshop CS.

Anyone else having this problem, or perhaps have a solution to offer?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

J
JasonSmith
Apr 22, 2004
I believe the clipboard has a 4mb limit.
BB
Berry_Banks
Apr 23, 2004
According to the install CD:
"Some applications, including the Finder, become very crash prone in the presence of large clipboards. Hence, Photoshop imposes a 4 megabyte limit on the size of any clipboard PICT it exports.

Installing "Unlimited Clipboard Size" removes this limit thereby allowing the user to export larger PICT clipboards but also increasing the chances that other applications will crash because of the amount of data on the clipboard.

To install the Unlimited Clipboard Size plug-in:
1) Make sure the Adobe Photoshop application is not currently running.

2) Copy the Unlimited Clipboard Size plug-in into the Adobe Photoshop Plug-Ins > Adobe Photoshop Only folder.

3) Launch Photoshop. The Unlimited Clipboard Size plug-in will be loaded."
TM
Thomas_Midgette
Apr 23, 2004
Woohoo! Thank you sir!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections