Aug 7, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
AMC,

Yeah, I know what you mean.

Here is what I do:

I open Word and find the font I want, and then I remember its name and go back into Photoshop to select it.
It would be nice if Photoshop had the same capability as Word, but it doesn’
t. Who knows? Maybe Adobe will include that capability in the next release.
One can only hope.

But, I will be reading the rest of the replies to see if anyone knows of such a plug-in.

Oh, and you know, I had this thought a while back – wouldn’t it be nice if Microsoft "spruced up" its font selection by dividing them into, say, script and non script?

Good luck,

– Stan Shankman

1st timer here.

With the hundreds of fonts I have, it’s impossible to recall what’s what sometimes. Anybody know of a plugin or mod that would allow PS to display font samples (in the actual typeface) like MS Word, SWiSH and other modern programs?

Thanks,
acm

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RH
Randy Hills
Aug 7, 2003
Ever heard of ATM? (Adobe Type Manger)
DH
Darrel Hoffman
Aug 7, 2003

You mean that program that you had to install on a Mac in order to have more than 256 fonts on 1 machine? Didn’t think that was
necessary anymore, nor ever was on the PC…
E
ElDee
Aug 7, 2003
On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 09:09:24 -0500, "Stan Shankman" wrote:

AMC,

Here is what I do:

I open Word and find the font I want, and then I remember its name and go back into Photoshop to select it.
One can only hope.

But, I will be reading the rest of the replies to see if anyone knows of such a plug-in.

Oh, and you know, I had this thought a while back – wouldn’t it be nice if Microsoft "spruced up" its font selection by dividing them into, say, script and non script?

Good luck,

– Stan Shankman

1st timer here.

With the hundreds of fonts I have, it’s impossible to recall what’s what sometimes. Anybody know of a plugin or mod that would allow PS to display font samples (in the actual typeface) like MS Word, SWiSH and other modern programs?

Thanks,
acm

Highlight the text that you are wanting to change. Click in the font name window on the toolbar (so it is highlighted). Then use your up and down arrow keys to preview the fonts and how they will appear.

Regards,
Duane
EG
Eric Gill
Aug 7, 2003
"Darrel Hoffman" wrote in
news:bgtpgn$5br$:

You mean that program that you had to install on a Mac in order to have more than 256 fonts on 1 machine?

Are you trying to start a flamewar here? ATM’s main purpose on the Mac was to rasterize T1 fonts, just like it was on the PC.

Later they added support for OTF fonts on legacy OSs such as Win95 and MacOS up to ver. 9.x

Didn’t think that was
necessary anymore, nor ever was on the PC…
EG
Eric Gill
Aug 7, 2003
Randy Hills wrote in news:vj4ovhrkasvc94
@corp.supernews.com:

I must imagine you mean ATM Deluxe, which is an actual attempt at what we term "font managment". Yes, I’ve even used it. I won’t make that mistake again – it’s the lamest excuse for a type manager I’ve ever seen.
EG
Eric Gill
Aug 7, 2003
"Stan Shankman" wrote in
news:3f325d57$0$163$:

AMC,

Here is what I do:

It would be nice if Photoshop had the same capability as Word,

Not especially. Not with mucho better utilities such as The Font Thing and Bitstream Font Navigator.

TFT is even free, though limited to TT fonts.

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~scef/tft.html

<snip>
JH
John Hawkins
Aug 7, 2003
If you open up your fonts folder in ACDSee you can see all the TTF files in thumbnail view. Alt+Tab is a quick shortcut to view them. I don’t think the PS browser will open ttf’s. I tried Irfanview but it didn’t open them although perhaps it can

AMC,

Here is what I do:

One can only hope.

Good luck,

– Stan Shankman

1st timer here.

Thanks,
acm
TW
Tim Wenzl
Aug 8, 2003
ElDee wrote:

Highlight the text that you are wanting to change. Click in the font name window on the toolbar (so it is highlighted). Then use your up and down arrow keys to preview the fonts and how they will appear.

Hey, that’s pretty slick! Thanks for mentioning this little trick.

Tim
PM
Pooh Monster
Aug 9, 2003
I’ve been using Font Glancer for over a year now and its the D*** B******, easy to use , even the wife can us it, nuff said.

Get it here, Oh and its free… http://www.kt2k.com/download.php

Pooh Monster

"John Hawkins" wrote in message
If you open up your fonts folder in ACDSee you can see all the TTF files in thumbnail view. Alt+Tab is a quick shortcut to view them. I don’t think the PS browser will open ttf’s. I tried Irfanview but it didn’t open them although perhaps it can

AMC,

Here is what I do:

It would be nice if Photoshop had the same capability as Word, but it
doesn’
t. Who knows? Maybe Adobe will include that capability in the next
release.
One can only hope.

Oh, and you know, I had this thought a while back – wouldn’t it be nice
if
Microsoft "spruced up" its font selection by dividing them into, say,
script
and non script?

Good luck,

– Stan Shankman

1st timer here.

With the hundreds of fonts I have, it’s impossible to recall what’s
what
sometimes. Anybody know of a plugin or mod that would allow PS to
display
font samples (in the actual typeface) like MS Word, SWiSH and other
modern
programs?

Thanks,
acm

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections