NS
Posted By
n8 skow
Aug 7, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Your gonna need to give some more information here… What program are you scanning with? Are you scanning as CMYK or RGB? Are you imbedding a color profile at any point? Please provide more info…

n8

Help,

When I paste a scanned image into a new file the colors are incorrect. And
I
cannot change them. How do you accomplish this? I need to finish this project ASAP and this is holding me up.

TIA

Mark

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

NS
n8 skow
Aug 7, 2003
Your gonna need to give some more information here… What program are you scanning with? Are you scanning as CMYK or RGB? Are you imbedding a color profile at any point? Please provide more info…

n8

Help,

I
cannot change them. How do you accomplish this? I need to finish this project ASAP and this is holding me up.

TIA

Mark

NS
n8 skow
Aug 7, 2003

n8

Help,

I

TIA

Mark

M
Mark
Aug 7, 2003
Sorry for the lack of pertinent info… I scanned the pic at 400dpi as RGB, not imbedding a color profile, saved as a .jpg. I opened the jpg with Photoshop 6, it opens almost grayscale. I just want it to open with the colors in the original image.

thanks n8 for your help

"n8 skow" wrote in message

n8

Help,

When I paste a scanned image into a new file the colors are incorrect.
And
I

TIA

Mark

M
Mark
Aug 7, 2003
Sorry for the lack of pertinent info… I scanned the pic at 400dpi as RGB, not imbedding a color profile, saved as a .jpg. I opened the jpg with Photoshop 6, it opens almost grayscale. I just want it to open with the colors in the original image.

thanks n8 for your help

n8

Help,

And
I

TIA

Mark

M
Mark
Aug 7, 2003

thanks n8 for your help

n8

Help,

And
I

TIA

Mark

MR
Mike Russell
Aug 7, 2003
Mark wrote:
[re incorrect colors for scanned image]

One way to get behavior similar to this is to have Adobe RGB or some other wide gamut RGB space as your working space, and specify in your color setting that Photoshop ignore missing profiles. This causes Photoshop to assign that profile without asking.

Try assigning sRGB to your scanned image and see if the colors perk up. I also recommend that you to to Edit>Color Settings and change the "Missing Profiles" option to "Ask When Opening".

If this is indeed the case, I’ll even go a little further and say that handing someone else an Adobe RGB file can cause you problems down the line. For example, they might put your rgb image on the web, then complain it doesn’t look right. So if you have no particular reason to use Adobe RGB, you may want to switch over to another working space, such as sRGB.

Mike Russell
http://www.curvemeister.com
http://www.zocalo.net/~mgr
http://geigy.2y.net
MR
Mike Russell
Aug 7, 2003
Mark wrote:
[re incorrect colors for scanned image]

One way to get behavior similar to this is to have Adobe RGB or some other wide gamut RGB space as your working space, and specify in your color setting that Photoshop ignore missing profiles. This causes Photoshop to assign that profile without asking.

Try assigning sRGB to your scanned image and see if the colors perk up. I also recommend that you to to Edit>Color Settings and change the "Missing Profiles" option to "Ask When Opening".

If this is indeed the case, I’ll even go a little further and say that handing someone else an Adobe RGB file can cause you problems down the line. For example, they might put your rgb image on the web, then complain it doesn’t look right. So if you have no particular reason to use Adobe RGB, you may want to switch over to another working space, such as sRGB.

Mike Russell
http://www.curvemeister.com
http://www.zocalo.net/~mgr
http://geigy.2y.net

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections