JA
Posted By
James_A._Winters
Oct 1, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve been using Photoshop Elements for about two years now and have never experienced this problem before. I ran search and could not find exactly the same problem.

Namely, when I click on Clone Stamp tool I am no longer able to sample the portion of the image I am trying to sample. When I Alt-Click I get a dirty image of the brush I am using. I tried resetting the clone stamp tool and tried resetting all tools. Nothing works. In other words I can click on a beautiful blue sky and all I get for my efforts is that dirty image. I click on a white cloud and I get the dirty image. Another thing is that the + pointer seems to have disappeared. perhaps it is under the brush but I have no idea how to get it away from he brush. Hope I’m making sense here.

Jim

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

PD
Pete_D
Oct 1, 2003
Jim,

From time to time PSE users have had to "Reset Preferences" and this may be the case here. If you have not done this; close the program, then Immediately after clicking the PSE icon hold down the cntrl-alt-and shift keys. A window will open asking if you want to delete files …click yes. The preferences will ‘rebuild’ as the program loads.

This solves a lot of unexplained problems.

Pete
JA
James_A._Winters
Oct 1, 2003
Thanks Pete, I’m back in the cloning business! Hmm, sounds a little scary, but we Adobe users know. Anyway, I appreciate your quick help.

Jim

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections