Posted By
scb
May 8, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi gang,

I’ve just been using the lasso tool, and for a good part of the area I wanted to select, the magnetic lasso was the perfect choice. Then, to complete the selection, the regular lasso tool was a better choice. Is there a way to change from one verion of the lasso to another "on the fly" so to speak? What about other selection tools?

Shel

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

LM
Lynch_Mike
May 9, 2005
While not "on the fly" per se, it is easy to add and subtract from your selection using Shift and Alt keys while selecting with your various wands, and marquis tools.
.. . .And just as effective in my book.
-Mike
RK
Ronald Keller
May 9, 2005
Shel,

Yes.

When using the Lasso tool Alt switches to Polygonal Lasso and vice versa. When using the Magnetic Lasso Alt switches to the (regular) Lasso.

So in your example where you want a sequence of Lasso > Magnetic Lasso > Lasso you would have to start using the Magnetic Lasso but hold Alt to draw the first sequence as a regular Lasso, then release the Alt key to switch to the Magnetic Lasso and finally hold the Alt key again to switch back to the regular Lasso (harder to explain than to do :-))

Regards,

Ronald
S
scb
May 9, 2005
Thanks so much, Ronald. Seems like just the solution …

scb
LM
Lynch_Mike
May 10, 2005
Yeah, that goes for me, too!
RK
Ronald Keller
May 10, 2005
You’re welcome.

Ronald

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections