Posted By
Raymond Robillard
Oct 1, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
<http://www.pbase.com/jacko/blueberry_splash>

The guy dropped blueberries in a bowl of milk. Awesome!

Ray

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BB
Barbara_Brundage
Oct 1, 2003
Wow, very cool, Ray! That’s what I love about macro photography–anything makes a great subject.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Oct 1, 2003
geeze that’s cool but I’d be afraid of splashing my lens with milk !
RR
Raymond Robillard
Oct 1, 2003
Barbara : this has given a number of ideas!

Jodi : you can take a photo behind a window. With a proper alignment, it won’t show up. Nevertheless, I don’t think I’d use food to play. My parents always thought us never to play with our food… I guess some habits are harder to get rid of 🙂

Ray
MR
Mark_Reibman
Oct 1, 2003
He did that with the Canon G2 hand held.
LM
Lou_M
Oct 1, 2003
Yeah, but who cleaned up the mess? 🙂
LD
Lynn_D._Green
Oct 2, 2003
Probably his wife……….

Lynn
JC
John_Calloway
Oct 2, 2003
My question:

(You’ll all probably laugh at me)how did he sync these shots? No one could do this by firing the shutter on a trial an error basis.

Caruso
LM
Lou_M
Oct 2, 2003
Yeah, but you don’t know how many pictures he *didn’t* show us. I bet there are a bunch that bit the bit-bucket.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Oct 2, 2003
And I’m sure he had a blueberry dropper to help him.
DS
Dick_Smith
Oct 2, 2003
Ray and all…

I finally got a chance to look at those Blueberry pics. They look a lot like some of the early high speed shots that Edwin Land did in the last century! :}

My question is does the G2 allow for off camera flash? Certainly the shadows in these shots would indicate that.

Also, did the photographer get "lucky" with timing on those shots? Or did he use some form of "electric eye" to trip the shutter at the precise instant?

Just curious.

Dick
RR
Raymond Robillard
Oct 2, 2003
Dick, the Powershot G2 has a flash shoe, so it can use an external flash.

Ray
JF
Jodi_Frye
Oct 2, 2003
If he rolled the berries off an edge above letting them drop at a precise moment….he could have figured when to ‘click ‘ ..( after many shots…yes ) he probably had to play with the height of the edge the berry dropped from as well. It really is just a trial and error shot…yes ? With a friend to help it would be easier… " OK, NOW !"…and the friend nudges the berry off the edge while he stands with camera in hand ready to click. Hey, anyone want to give it a whirl ??? …see if my theory works ?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections