Posted By
Ray
Oct 1, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi group!

I shot some skies today. Some of them I shot from the window of my office, on the 19th floor. It gives those pictures a more dramatic view, I think… Take a look πŸ™‚

http://www.pbase.com/carbone/mics

Ray

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DB
Do_Brinkmann
Oct 1, 2003
Hi Ray…What wonderful dramatic skies. They are great, glad you shared them with us. Dorothy
R
Ray
Oct 1, 2003
Thanks! I don’t usually bring the camera in my lunch box, but I had some work to do and since it was there, I took the time to enjoy the moment. My colleagues looked at me in a strange way, though
πŸ˜‰

Ray
JA
JoAnn_Amerson
Oct 1, 2003
Nice photos. I’m curious about which city you work.

JoAnn
"Ray" wrote in message
Hi group!

I shot some skies today. Some of them I shot from the window of my
office, on the 19th floor. It
gives those pictures a more dramatic view, I think… Take a look πŸ™‚
http://www.pbase.com/carbone/mics

Ray

B
bethC
Oct 1, 2003
Your sky pictures are wonderful Ray. IΒ’ve been taking some cloud formation pictures myself. Clouds absolutely fascinate me and I like sky gazing on days where you see the sun lighting up the clouds from behind. Of course, I really donΒ’t know anything about taking pictures other than to point and click. I am really an amateur but IΒ’m learning a lot from this forum. Your vacation pictures were wonderful too.
I took these pictures before I joined the forum (the forum now inspires me to get more creative with my photographs) if you would like to see them you can check them out here as I uploaded them for some of my friends to view. (no cloud pictures in this lot)
<http://www.ontariobusinessgroup.com/Ottawa>

beth
LG
Lorace_Graham
Oct 1, 2003
I love the pictures of the clouds, Ray. Beautiful job. I love clouds, too, but we seldom get them in Arizona.

When we do, I never can resist shooting them. You need to be quick, don’t you? They can change before you get the camera from its case!

Thanks for sharing,

Lorace
R
Ray
Oct 1, 2003
I work in Montreal (Canada) JoAnn.
R
Ray
Oct 1, 2003
Thank you Lorace πŸ™‚
R
Ray
Oct 1, 2003
Thank you Beth. I took a quick look at your pictures, but I have limited time this morning (got to leave for work in 45 minutes). I’ll look at them again tonight.

Ray
PD
Pete_D
Oct 1, 2003
beth,

Your pictures are good. (obvious you know what you are doing)

Pete
R
Ray
Oct 1, 2003
Thanks Pete! In fact, I don’t πŸ˜‰ I mean, I’m learning. I’m taking photography lessons and these serves me as practice shots. Some are good (1%) some are bad (99%)… Lucky for me I’m shooting digital!

Ray
JC
Jane_Carter
Oct 1, 2003
Hi Ray and Beth, Great pictures! I love the sky pictures too. I took the dog on her morning walk just before sunrise, and what a great pink + orange sky greeted us. The clouds looked as if they were painted into the sky!
I didn’t have the camera with me though.
Jane
B
bethC
Oct 1, 2003
Thanks Pete, I hear some techie talk about cameras and everything on the forum and I really feel there is so much to learn. I have an older camera, a Kodak DC290. The newer cameras seem to do so much more, but so far I am happy with this camera.

Jane, thank you. The skies and nature are so beautiful in the fall I hope you get a chance to take some pictures and share them with us.

beth
JH
Joe_Henry1000
Oct 1, 2003
I have an older camera, a Kodak DC290.

Beth,

I’ve got that same camera and it’s a good one. I’ve taken many great photo’s with it. I am in the market for a new one though. I want more mega pixels and faster shutter responce. Also, the processing time between photo’s is starting to drive me crazy!

Joe
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Oct 1, 2003
Joe, that lag between pressing the shutter and having it take the picture is the bane of most digital camera owners’ existence; might be worthy of a thread to see if anyone has found digitals (other than SLR’s) that are better in this category.

Chuck
JH
Joe_Henry1000
Oct 1, 2003
Good idea Chuck! Why don’t you start one? πŸ˜‰ My biggest gripe with my old Kodak right now though is when I go to take a couple or three pictures right in a row, I literally can’t take anymore for about 2 minutes. I’m going to assume that camera’s these days do a better job with this.

Joe
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Oct 1, 2003
Joe, I just might do that! But the delay you’re describing is significantly more than what I’ve experienced with a variety of Canon models.
JH
Joe_Henry1000
Oct 1, 2003
Chuck,

It’s kind of funny but when I first got the camera 2 years ago (it was end of lifing when I bought it), the processing delay didn’t bother me. I just figured it was par for the digital camera course. Now I know better and am really salivating for a speedier camera. Plus, I want one that’ll handle different ISO speeds. I think my DC290 maxes out at 100.

Joe
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Oct 1, 2003
Joe, I really don’t have much experience with the higher ISO’s, although I think my Canon G2 can do 400. The tradeoff for most cameras is a noticeable increase in noise, which makes editing more challenging. Ray Robillard has had some success with higher ISO shots (up to 800, I believe) with his Canon 10D, but that’s another area where feedback from the forum’s assembled multitude would be of value before you make the big move to new equipment.
R
Ray
Oct 1, 2003
The 10D is really not to be compared with P&S cameras, it’s in a class of its own. 800 ISO pictures
I shot with : http://www.pbase.com/image/21539179/large
http://www.pbase.com/image/21539180

In fact, the current Challenge is an 800 ISO picture. Not bad…

I had a Canon Powershot A20 before that, and I could take more than 3 pictures in a row, but I can’t
remember the exact number. Turning off the "picture preview" helped to gain more speed. But
pictures were like 0.80 seconds apart. Nothing to show a full motion. That camera didn’t have any ISO rating I could specify, though.

My friend has a Powershot A70 and at ISO 400, noise is really noticeable. Not too badly, but don’t think of printing an 8 x 10, it’ll show up really big time. 4 x 6 is manageable.

Ray
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Oct 1, 2003
Ray, thanks for the info!

πŸ™‚

Chuck
BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 1, 2003
Wonderful pictures, as usual, Ray! I haven’t seen a cloud around here in so long I’ve forgotten what they look like!

I enjoyed yours, too, Beth. I loved Ottawa when we were back there many years ago. I see those Parliament buildings haven’t changed much! πŸ™‚ It’s another place I’d love to visit again.
R
Ray
Oct 1, 2003
Your pictures are really beautifull! The ruins I especially like. You should send the Indian for Grant’s challenge!
And I wonder what was the meditation stone for (I mean, I know what it is, but was it for a group or
a single person at a time?)

Ray
R
Ray
Oct 1, 2003
Thanks Beth πŸ™‚

Ray
B
bethC
Oct 2, 2003
Thanks Rae, next time I’m down by the canal I’ll have to have another look at the meditation stone as I’m not sure. πŸ™‚ Okay, I’ll send the Indian photo along to Grant, in case he might want to use it. πŸ˜‰
Thanks Beth, No the Parliament buildings never chance πŸ™‚ although sections are currently undergoing restoration.

beth
ML
Marty_Landolt
Oct 2, 2003
BETH C,
Thanks for sharing. I particularly liked the wroght iron bed with the holy candle on the chest of drawers.
Marty
B
bethC
Oct 2, 2003
Thanks, Marty.

beth

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups πŸ”₯

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections