Posted By
mike.engles
May 8, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello

There is still a problem with dialogues and large fonts. In some cases like prefs, the last letter of a line is clipped. In dialogues like RAW, pincushion correction and chromatic correction,the tick options are illegible.The UI font option in prefs,does not affect this.

Mike Engles

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

PW
Peter_Wing
May 8, 2005
I observed this problem within Windows XP SP2 only.

(Interestingly, it does NOT exist in Windows 2000 SP4. My computer is setup to dual-boot into either version of Windows with each installed into its own partition.)

The trial-and-error solution was to set the Windows XP SP2 DPI setting to "Normal size (96DPI)" from the Display Properties "Settings" tab. Then to set the Font size to "Extra Large" (or "Large" — either_your taste) in the "Appearance" tab.

These settings correct the problem in the dialogues and also give you readable font size.
ME
mike.engles
May 8, 2005
Hello

Thanks, I will have a go. I use SP1

Mike Engles
M
mikeengles
May 8, 2005
Hello

Thanks for the tip, but it solves one problem and creates another. The desktop icon letters are messed up and not very easy to sort out.

It should be possible for Adobe to sort out the use of Large Fonts. As I say no other application has the problem.
Mike Engles

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections