TT
Posted By
Tricia Timmermans
Jul 25, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Among other Photoshop problems (program closes when I try to save a file occasionally) this one is a real drag. I cannot drag any of the toolboxes with the mouse. Have investigated the mouse, and it works fine in every other program. Have tried to delete PS7 preferences by using Control Alt Shift, but nothing appears on my screen when Photoshop is loading to let me delete preferences. Have tried to find *.psp files in doing an XP Search on MY COMPUTER. But there seems to be no .psp files anywhere in the computer. I moved my Extensions folder to the desktop, as explained in adobe online troubleshooting. That made no difference. I’ve installed and reinstalled, downloaded again to update to 7.0.1. I did not have any problem when using Win 98 with my PS5. PS5 is on my new xp computer also, so I opened it up, and had the same problem of "no drag" with the mouse. Any ideas would be very much appreciated.
Thanks
Tricia

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DM
dave milbut
Jul 25, 2003
uncheck the box for "hide read only files" in windows explorer, then do the search for the psp’s again. They’re set to hidden by default.
TT
Tricia Timmermans
Jul 25, 2003
I should have said that I’d already done that Dave. Well actually no, in XP I checked "Show Hidden Files and Folders" in Windows Explorer Tools-FolderOptions-View. I assume this is the same as what you meant? I’m going to delete PHotoshop 5 and see if that helps, but so far everything I’ve tried has left me with non-draggable tool boxes in PS7.
Thanks for your help
Tricia
DM
dave milbut
Jul 25, 2003
if you’re able to view hidden files and folders, you can find and delete the photoshop prefs file… in xp it should be in a directory something like this:

C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\7.0\Adobe Photoshop 7.0 Settings

and it’s called:

"Adobe Photoshop 7.0 Prefs.psp"

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections