N
Posted By
nrosewarn
Sep 30, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
does anyone have any idea how this effect may be created on a b/w photo?

would it be a special filter effect?

photo can be seen at

<http://213.187.48.5/madona.jpg>

thanks

Neil

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RC
Richard_Coencas
Sep 30, 2003
Neil,

Not certain what the artist did, but some ideas would be to convert to RGB so you have access to all filters and plug-ins. Try solarization from the enhance menu, and some of the filters, maybe under stylize might lead you in this direction.

This is just off the top of my head. I don’t really have time right now to experiment. Maybe someone else has some more specific ideas.

Rich
JF
Jodi_Frye
Sep 30, 2003
Neil, I suspect the image you posted is purely the work of a talented artist and did not come from an actual B & W photograph…imo, however, you can certainly try and mimic this ‘look’ with some of the tools in Elements. Start with removing some saturation and contrast so that it has more of a ‘dull’ look. Keep in mind that the ‘hue/saturation’ and ‘brightness contrast’ adjustment layers can be manipulated in different ways by experimenting with the ‘blend’ modes on the palette. You can afterwards try the ‘ paint daubs ‘ filter in a subtle way. You found a good project to test Photoshop elements with. You may not get exactly the look you want but it’s a good way to learn about this program…one i cannot get away from 😉
BS
Bernard Saper
Oct 3, 2003
Neil, you might possibly get a similar effect by first converting your B/W image to RGB, then desaturating it to give the B/W appearance. Finally, solarize the image and finally use the Gaussian Blur to soften it.slightly.

Bernie
wrote in message
does anyone have any idea how this effect may be created on a b/w photo?
would it be a special filter effect?

photo can be seen at

<http://213.187.48.5/madona.jpg>

thanks

Neil

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections