GJ
Posted By
Gustafson, Judy
Sep 30, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Ever since downloading AOL 9.0 I have not been able to use the Tutorials or get into the help files in Elements. When I try to run a tutorial, the AOL 9.0 window comes up, and then a message that states that it cannot find the files & to check if the address is correct. The tutorials worked fine with AOL 8.0- the Internet Explorer window would come up. I contacted AOL and they said the problem is not with AOL. I also uninstalled and then re-installed Elements 2.0, and still the same problem. Any ideas? Judy

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

HB
Haney, Beth
Sep 30, 2003
Judy, the browser AOL uses is customized for their purposes and won’t respond the way a "normal" browser will to HTML files like those Adobe (and many other developers) use for Tutorials and Help. You will have to either locate or download a "plain vanilla" version of Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher. It’s free. If you have a Win machine, it’s undoubtedly already on there unless you removed it, because it’s part of the Windows operating system. If you are on a Mac, there’s probably a copy of IE on that, too, somewhere.

Since you don’t give platform or OS information (always a good idea, by the way, when you post a problem), here are some general guidelines.

Somewhere in Control Panels or System Preferences, there will be a place where you can set Internet configurations. Then there’s probably a subset for Web issues. Within the Web section will be a place where you can choose a default web browser. Doing this won’t effect your AOL access, but it will allow you to view those Help files and the Tutorials.

And, technically this is an AOL issue, but they certainly wouldn’t define it as a problem, and in some respects it isn’t. It’s just that the guidelines they submit to developers for their software don’t make it useable for viewing the HTML files.

If you’re having trouble finding the place where you can change this default browser option, repost and tell us the platform you’re using and the operating system.
GJ
Gustafson, Judy
Sep 30, 2003
Beth, Thanks for the information, what you suggested solved the problem. I have Windows XP, and in control panel – internet options – programs, there was an option to reset web settings to orignal internet explorer settings (I have IE 6). Once again, thanks very much for the help, things are working fine now- Judy
BH
Beth_Haney
Sep 30, 2003
I’m glad Judy! And thank you for coming back to let us know it worked.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections